Honda D Series Forum banner

Gauges in Glovebox

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  JDMY8 
#1 ·
I am looking to put 2 or 3 gauges in a panel in my glove box so i can either have the glove box open or closed to hide the gauges. I have seen this done on a few different cars but not on any civic. Anyone done this or have any pics of this so i can get an idea on how to mock one up

#2 ·
my question is.... WHY? r u really gonna lean over while driving to check that shit out? i never understood why the passenger needs to be lookin at guages and not you..

#5 ·
At one time I know someone made a precut panel the fit in the glove box, but I haven't looked for one in awhile now.

#8 ·
haha putting gauges in places the driver cant easily see is worthless and just ricer.

#9 · (Edited)
Now if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black :sadface:. You bitched and complained about Francois making useless post, neg repped him, and now you go and do it in someone else's thread? If you angle them right, they are very easy to see in the glove box. I thought about doing this at one time to hide the gauges so everybody and their fucking brother wouldn't try and race me.

#10 ·
yeah ok go ahead and tell your self that. angle them all you want but you still have to turn your head to see them and every time you do that your eyes are off the road longer then if they was at a more logical location. my post wasnt useless it was truth and nothing at all like the truley worthless post franco made, you need to learn the true definition of the kettle calling the pot black so you dont look so silly next time you use it. thanks for the neg rep i returned it right back at yah.

#13 ·
but hiding it in the glove box would be a good way to hide that your car had mods if someone was trying to break in. I was thinking if i went to turbo my car I would of tried to hide the gauges somewhere in teh dash area but make it really stealthy for people that would try to break in.

#16 ·
I dont see why you would want to mount them there..What if you had a passenger?The glove box would be in there knees..Its your car.Rock what you want.I think one of the easy was to do it is buy- pre cut a panel from cardboard.Then when your happy with it lay it in fiberglass..From there you can paint it what color you like and all that cool stuff..Good luck with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.