Rota wheels??? - Page 2 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Wheels and Tire zone

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 36 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95jdmej1 View Post
Are Rota wheels and Drag wheels one in the same? Or do they just copy the same "real" wheels? If not the same, who makes the better product?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
6 in one hand, half dozen in the other as far as I can tell...seems like Drag wheels are more readily available at brick and mortar places like Discount/America's Tire...
Took the words outa my mouth. Drag and Rota are really just two different companies cut from the same cloth. They both just copy "real" wheels and I don't think they've got an original design between the two of them...

That being said they're not terrible wheels either.

But for my money I'd rather have Kosei, Konig, or Enkei.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cxm
D-series soldier

Cxm It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Cxm Send a message via AIM to Cxm Send a message via MSN to Cxm Send a message via Yahoo to Cxm

i live in Pittsburgh, the land of potholes, and the gf sent one over a curb and the Rotas are still holding.

no they aren't top of the line, but they will work just fine for most applications
Old 06-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 34 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Iv e read somewhere about Rota's on the track. I cant locate the thread,but theres an article written up on autox teams using Rota's and comparing the durability.

Im not saying Rotas are legit or not legit, but it was an interesting read.

found it

Question on Durability of ROTA Wheels? | CustomPinoyRides.com - Pinoy Pride In Our Rides!
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Would I need to roll my fenders or anything with 15x7 + 40 with 205/50 with a 2" drop? I really do not want to roll my fenders or "need" to have crazy camber just to fit them.
95jdmej1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 34 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Not for those specs ^^

youll be close to looking like a locomotive with those specs.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Not for those specs ^^

youll be close to looking like a locomotive with those specs.
Please explain
Old 06-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

15x7 +40 positive offset

Old 06-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
D-series lover

Yes, 15x7 + 40 with 205/50. What do you mean "look like a locomotive"?
Would +42 be closer to stock? I dont want that "poked" or "hellaflush" or w/e its called look. I want the closest to stock fit with a 15x7 Rota gt3. I would get 15x6.5 if they made them.

Last edited by 95jdmej1; 06-06-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #29 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 29 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

This is my car, I dropped it roughly 1.5" in the rear and like 4" in the front (stock stance was REAL nose high lol), running 15x6.5 40 offset (rota msr) and 205/50/15 Neogens

It rubs just a little bit when turning and I hit an uneven surface like a steep driveway or low gutter, I also still have my stock wheel arch trim

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
D-series lover

^ would +42 offset make it fit more stock, or would +40? I am really trying to avoid rubbing, or rolling fenders, or having the wheels stick out more than stock if possible.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 29 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The lower the offset, the more it sticks out. The wider the rim, the more it sticks out...in most cases. I would say the difference between 40 and 42 offset would be negligible although in a situation where every little bit helps, you are probably better off going 42 for less/no rubbing.

And for the record, stock rims don't stick out at all, pretty much the opposite, they are sunk into the wheel well pretty deep. Any aftermarket wheel is going to be both wider and stick out farther than your stock wheels do

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Last edited by Cali Noob; 06-06-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
D-series lover

^Thank you for that info. Hopefully everything will be just fine with 15x7+42 with 205/50's.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Hopefully...your rims are going to stick our roughly 1/4" or so more than mine, and mine rub a little on occasion. If you haven't already invested in lowering your car, I'd suggest going to an adjustable coil perch set-up so you can make fine adjustments in the event it rubs too much for your taste.

To get it to not rub at all, you may need to drop the tire size down to a 195/50/15

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Took the words outa my mouth. Drag and Rota are really just two different companies cut from the same cloth. They both just copy "real" wheels and I don't think they've got an original design between the two of them...

Agreed

I have used them in the past, and they were fine; however, for less than the cost of a night at the bar you can get wheels of much better quality.

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 43 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy
Exclamation

I'm surprised nobody mentioned me but then again, I'm not surprised as I dont frequent the site as much as I used to... And when I do, I just lurk and read the dumb shit & giggle, but this is an actual worth-while thread... Those who know me, know my love for wheels. From the cheap to the expensive, From the common to the rare, my knowledge is vast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuman View Post
Never had a problem with rotas. I've owned several sets.
As have I. 4 sets or so, never had an issue and I tracked one set a couple times. Good for DD & "Hard-Parking", decent for track days, terrible for thin tires. Rotas need meaty tires around them to insure that the wheel stay rigid & true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxm View Post
they aren't top of the line, but they will work just fine for most applications
Agreed. Again, as long as meaty tires are around them, none of that 25-40 series sidewall shit, you'll be just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95jdmej1 View Post
Would I need to roll my fenders or anything with 15x7 + 40 with 205/50 with a 2" drop?
2in lowered, NO. Anything lower, Maybe. My Pink GT3s had 205/50/15s on them and I rolled fenders to the tires wouldnt scrape but I ran a light amount of negative camber. Again, I ran these on the track but I also should add that my suspension was set up to run on a track. Let us not forget that suspension plays a part in your wheels & tires load capacity & pressure. I ran a hardcore track set up on a daily driven car.
Pics for ref:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0DazE View Post
I have used them in the past, and they were fine; however, for less than the cost of a night at the bar you can get wheels of much better quality.
I'll say this, if your budget is for Rotas, then go with Rota. If you can stand to wait, save some coin, and go with something a bit more "mainstream" then go with that, but truth of the matter is, its your car, your money, use it as you see fit. All I ask is that you take in all the info you got from this thread.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
Canihazmoniez

zero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The god has spoken /thread

But in all honesty.. rotas are nice I have had 2 sets a pair of jmags and slips. Both held up fine. Currently I'm rocking drag dr27 which are jmag knock offs which are mugen knockoffs... and those have gone on 6 diff cars that I know of and they are still mint and true
#1 Sedan Hater
zero183 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post

In all reality, Konig copies wheels too. even Konigs Privat label copies BBS.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 36 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
In all reality, Konig copies wheels too. even Konigs Privat label copies BBS.
I 100% agree, they copy wheels too. I'd almost be willing to bet that if you looked hard enough, you could find at least one wheel from any given manufacturer that looked like another wheel from someone else.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #39 (permalink)
D-series lover

I am not spending more than $500 on wheels, so Rota it is. And to the comment about buying good wheels for the price of a night at the bar, I couldnt even buy stock steelies for how much I spend at the bar...

E.Jeezy, Are your gt3's 15x7+42 with 205/50? How much were you lowered to need to roll your fenders? I do not plan to slam my car, just lower it a little, 2" MAX, and will not run some crazy track oriented suspension, just "lowering springs" and non adjustable shocks as I want a comfy dd ride while being just a little lower (1.5-2") and do not want to roll my fenders. I am mainly leaning towards stock alloys for that reason, but trying to talk myself into Rota Gt3 because I like the way they look.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #40 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 43 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Now that was circa 2007 when I had that car & wheel/susp set up

~15x7 +42
~205/50/15
~Lowered about 3.2 on Skunk2 coil-over sleeves
~OEM shocks
~Rolled fenders (So, during heavy turns & weight shifting, tires would not rub/scrape the wells)
~Various body bracing (H-Brace, Strut bars, tie bars, etc. All except a roll-cage)

The car was NOT bouncy because me and my guy tweaked it to be comfort oriented but track ready. Again, it only saw 2 track days because it went thru too many engine changes, which limited my track runs, as I had to break new engines in, before beating them up.

I think that with what you are asking, you will be just fine. and $500 is an awesome wheel budget. If you havent already, check out eBay. You can get name-brand wheels for under $500 shipped... I recently did.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.