Transmission case cleaning - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default Transmission case cleaning

well gas is expensive these days and has been the best to clean 20 years of grit of the trans so im looking to see what you all are using

i read its not good to hot tank aluminum

any ideals
89rexsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 34 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

brake/parts cleaner and a toothbrush?

maybe aircraft stripper...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddcartes View Post
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!
BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Xtreme Green and a $2 Walmart stiff wire brush. WEAR GLOVES! LOL
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 73 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

1.2 miles to my local tranny shop, I've used his hot wash tank more than he has!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 30 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I've hot tanked aluminum plenty of times, never had an issue. Just don't leave that shit in for too long.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Just don't leave that shit in for too long.
how long is to long.....never used a hot tank before...
Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 73 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post
I've hot tanked aluminum plenty of times, never had an issue. Just don't leave that shit in for too long.
true hot tanking = instant death to alum. I do mean INSTANT!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 30 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89rexsi View Post
how long is to long.....never used a hot tank before...
Hell if I know, I have a trusted machine shop take care of it for me, they know how to treat the metals.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

true Hot Tanking is a near boiling solvent, the solvent will disolve Alum.

It work GREAT on cast iron parts though

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 23 remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!
remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!remoer is the fucking MAN!!!!

so bone do you have an alternative? i have to do mine soon too. clean and rebuild my tranny soon

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

see the 4th post on this page.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

what is a hot wash tank. and what solvents are in it. is it a machine you put the case in and 1hr later you pull it out and its all clean
Old 07-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

You failed English right? 6th grade?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2008, 01:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

buy some dawn dish soap or whatever soap/degreaser you want. pour it on it and scrub away with a sponge or brush. then if you have a pressure washer spray that shit down with it, it will look like new.

But hot tanking will do much better than that will. just make sure its alluminum safe.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

cheated my way through high school. i also dont like to type, so i try the best i can..
Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 19 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!

purple power... lots of setting... and pressure wash...
9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification