how to tell if lsd - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default how to tell if lsd

IS there a way to tell if a car z6 tranny has a lsd in it without opening it up? Im checking out this guys car and he claims to have had someone install a lsd in it.
Perfectwingzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

it should havde an "LSD" writing on top of it. The only other way it to look through the hole that you put your axles into.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

pull axles and look through the diff. if there is a pin in the middle, its open. if you can see straight through it, its LSD.

or just do a smokey burnout and leave a long patch and see if they are both spinning

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Rep Power: 11 TAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to all
Default Common

is it common for civics to come limit slip, my car will never catch second but it pulls really well and almost always lights up both tires off the line. Could my tranny be limited slip???

-TAG
God Made Shit, Chevrolet Just Put Wheels On It
TAGs95CivicEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 75 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Civics in USDM never came with LSD......EVER.

Also the "smokey burnout" that leaves two patches is pure FICTION.

My stock tranny would lay two perfect stripes, but get the LSD "unlocked" on ice and only one wheel is gonna spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all

Drive it. If you know a whole lot about how it works, you should be able to tell fairly easy.

I did a clutch for a kid with a B16 - he thought he had a CTR tranny w/ LSD. Naturally, it was a stock B16 tranny, but I had to wonder how he didn't know the difference...
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 rkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enoughrkcarguySI will become famous soon enough

My first EF Civic did this too, acted like it had LSD. Truth was the spider gears were seizing on the diff pin and twisting it from too much one wheel wonder. Diff started to get clunky and I took it apart to find it was about to come apart on it's own. You can also just jack it up, and have someone hold one wheel and try to spin the other one with car in gear. If they spin opposite ways=no lsd, or helical-but I doubt it. If it doesn't spin you got a LSD. This guy is in canada maybe they had a few LSD's?
rkcarguySI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Foolery

Rep Power: 11 TAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to allTAGs95CivicEX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
Civics in USDM never came with LSD......EVER.

Also the "smokey burnout" that leaves two patches is pure FICTION.

My stock tranny would lay two perfect stripes, but get the LSD "unlocked" on ice and only one wheel is gonna spin.
Thank god you're here, damn me and my double vision. thinking that I see to black marks, any wonder I needed to get glasses. Thanks for setting me straight.

Oh and my car is a US model, she came from Texas.

-TAG
God Made Shit, Chevrolet Just Put Wheels On It
TAGs95CivicEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Master Fabricator

gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....

To check if it's lsd, put the front up on jackstands and turn one wheel by hand. If the other wheel turns the same way, then its lsd. If the other wheel turns the opposite way, then its not lsd.
gpny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 11 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelsise
To check if it's lsd, put the front up on jackstands and turn one wheel by hand. If the other wheel turns the same way, then its lsd. If the other wheel turns the opposite way, then its not lsd.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
I have seen some LSD's that the other wheel doesn't turn..... so the main thing is that it doesnt turn the opp. way.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
yup, that's what I did to my old b16 hatch. I actually put it up next to my buddy's hatch. When we both turned one of the wheels, both mine would spin same direction but his didn't. One went the other way. Just my 2 cents...
kondan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT

CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....

My Del Sol leaves a nice 11 when i do a smokey burn out. But i have to see if its a LSD. I doubt it but we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
damd it ricky. you know it'll supersain JDM mad tyte, son. lol.
R.I.P Milo, You were my second brother and I will Always remember you.
CxHatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification