K-TUNE adjustable shifter? transmission hard to shift in gears when engine started? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post K-TUNE adjustable shifter? transmission hard to shift in gears when engine started?

My motor got built and transmission is a stock z6 manual. stock transmission. with d series linkage stock. I have this K-Tune shifter adjusted to desired height etc. my problem is that my transmission do not shift into gear when the engine is started running? why? I turn the engine off and for a while it do not shift. and then later it shifts like butter?? nine heavy shift with my 1lb shifter. I didn't really have a chance to mess with it yet. btw its an EG with hydro transmission.

could it be the slave cylinder is bad? or clutch master? wtf? maybe needs a bleed?
and I have a brand new flywheel 8lb and comp. clutch stage 1... idk what brand new everything pilot bearing fork plate kits etc.
need help and I gota get this car on the road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 1CAM-HAMMA; 02-16-2017 at 11:01 PM.
1CAM-HAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 102 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
This message is hidden because 1CAM-HAMMA is on your ignore list.
Welcome to my ignore list.....but I will say this.

A shifter, any shifter fixes NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

why not bleed it or check to make sure its actually working? no clutch means no shifting while engine is running.
y7 transmission
ls meshies, oem wing, blacked out tails with h.i.d head lights

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 05:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 24 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

If it isn't shifting with the engine running, there is a problem with the clutch system.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 50 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

The clutch is dragging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
The clutch is dragging.
I bled the slave cylinder and. now it seems to shift in 1st 2nd, 3rd 4th. reverse. it has kind of some trouble in first gear but now it seems to shift.
the fluid was very dirty btw and had some bubbles in the beginning but not much. should I bleed the master too?

the thing is I had this problem way back with another transmission ive had in that car a vx trans. like two weeks before ive installed the transmission I installed the k tuned shifter. I adjusted the shifter to it had good leverage from the ball and to the top too. weird. the gearing was stuck at 2nd. couldn't shift to any gear I had to drive it home stuck at 2nd gear. the car sat for atleast 4 months. and I tried shifting again. I tried bleeding it and intermittently it could shift and hard to shift. and it shifted.

but this time with my new engine build I have this z6 transmission a used one from a friend of mine. but now it seems to shift after I did the bleeding. could it be the dam hydraulics are bad? didn't test drive it yet maybe after I get the insurance on the car. first.

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
Old 02-20-2017, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

new clutch, new flywheel and clutch components plate, bearings forks, etc. but not new slave cylinders master cylinders etc.

could it also be I need to adjust the pedal if that's possible???

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
Old 02-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 24 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
If it isn't shifting with the engine running, there is a problem with the clutch system.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

You might have a bad master clutch cylinder or a bad slave cylinder. You also need to properly adjust your clutch pedal once you replace those.
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2017, 12:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornFromAshes View Post
You might have a bad master clutch cylinder or a bad slave cylinder. You also need to properly adjust your clutch pedal once you replace those.
I bled my clutch slave cylinder I found it had very dark old fluid. I started the engine and checked if it shifts. it shifts in gear easier than before. but slightly hair still have those shifts when it wont go in gear. its better than last time though.

I ended up pressing the clutch pedal very hard and it felt like it needed that very hard pressing on the pedal to shift easy. could it be it need adjustment?

I hold the brake and parking brake let the clutch release it seems to engage right very early and grabs. so I guess the brake is ok.

the weird thing I checked near the clutch pedal rod master clutch rod boot inside the cabin. it had weird corrosion like residue like the one you see in coolant. but it had no leaks.

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER

Last edited by 1CAM-HAMMA; 02-21-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 50 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Get someone over there that knows how to wrench proper, and ask them to take a look at your clutch master and slave, and how you have the push rod adjusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Did you get it fixed?
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornFromAshes View Post
Did you get it fixed?
I ordered a clutch master cylinder. I used the car after a while. and it seems to shift into gear ok. felt like I had to brake it in didn't use the car for like at least 7 months. I removed some of the carpet and works ok when I push the clutch pedal all the way in. for some reason now it seems to work always. works good all the time now.

but I figured it out the clutch master cylinder is leaking it seems not leaking at first but has some residue from previous possible leak before.

just need to order and wait for that clutch master cylinder

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.