D15 transmission wont fit on my D16 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Default D15 transmission wont fit on my D16

ok so dis is how it went i got a D16 swap but the transmission turned out to be bad ; ; so no si transmission for me :<

so now to get my car runing in the mean time i wanted to throw my old D15 trans on i have read Meny times dat dis is completly interchangalbe which im find its Not.... so what im thinking is happening is the clutch dont match up sence i bought a whole new clutch system for hte swap (stage 1)

so to clareify im asking am i just a idiot n cant get the transmission to line up right? or do i really ahve to change my clutch for dis?

88 ef
D16z6block
Y8 head
A6 intake mani distributor ecu
Kisune is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 Evanguy is hot as a volcanoEvanguy is hot as a volcano
Evanguy is hot as a volcanoEvanguy is hot as a volcanoEvanguy is hot as a volcano

Edit: i need to read more
but the tranny should bolt up just fine with out the clutch in there

My NA D17Y8 build http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ml#post2525188
Model IC engine im building http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ic-engine.html
custom aluminum rods im making http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...inum-rods.html

Last edited by Evanguy; 07-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Evanguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 37 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you need a 88 clutch and flywheel

d15 and d16 clutches and flywheels are the same as follows

1988 all same
1989 same flywheel size as 1988 but the 1989 uses a different spline clutch
1990-2000 all use same size clutch and flywheel
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepy...11505538884521
sleepingciv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
d15 and d16 clutches and flywheels are the same as follows

1988 all same
1989 same flywheel size as 1988 but the 1989 uses a different spline clutch
1990-2000 all use same size clutch and flywheel
If you want to get technical, 1990-2005 are all the same.

God I love Honda for keeping things simple.

Daily Driver: '94 EJ1
T3 42|48 / Go-Autoworks Mini Ram

Stock D16Z6 head on a Wischful Tuning rebuilt D15Z1 block

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks... so now i needs a new SI transmission ; ;

or get a D15clutch(my orignal one slipped hardcore)

it does bolt up could have got it bolted alot but couldnt get the stick in to the clutch cuz i bought my new clutch for a D16 sence i had found a Si transmission dat felt it worked in till i ran the engine for 20secs n i thought my engine was knocking turned out to be the transmission...
Old 07-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

it bolts up
but the d16 trans has 20 teeth on the shaft dat goes in to the block
n the D15 shaft has 21 teeth

i have read meny times of peeps putting d15's on the d16 but not one mentioned the clutch issue

Last edited by Kisune; 07-23-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 37 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

are you using the flywheel and clutch that came on the z6?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepy...11505538884521
sleepingciv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

im using random d16 clutch sapost to fit all d16

well i got anther transmission its a 88 Si and its got the D15 shaft still ; ; so it changes from 88 to 89 i think i can see from parts numbers... but its prob the same in 88 89 n diff in 90 91
Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 26 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisune View Post
im using random d16 clutch sapost to fit all d16

well i got anther transmission its a 88 Si and its got the D15 shaft still ; ; so it changes from 88 to 89 i think i can see from parts numbers... but its prob the same in 88 89 n diff in 90 91
89-00 have the same spline. 88 trans has a different one. so if your usings a "random d16" clutch you could have a d16a6 from a 88-00 need more specific year of clutch or just match the clutch to the trans and stop hassling with it all for nothing.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

i just swaped out a d15 for a d16 useing the the stock d15 trans with the d16 flywheel clutch and pessure plate no problems the motor was out of 89 crx and it went into a 91 hatch
paulhonda22 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

what year car did the tranny come out of?

-slams face on keyboard-

Last edited by cervan; 07-25-2011 at 10:38 PM.
cervan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 77 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Time to retire, I give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification