Transmission FAQ - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

can we add this thread to the list?

DIY: Transmission Rebuild (89pics!)

complete S20 transmission rebuild
wazup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 05:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Ok I just joined and I am not very sure how to use this. Anyways maybe I can get my question answered here. I have a 1988 Honda civic DX. I believe it has the stock D15B2 1.5L in it. I need to know if someone can send me pics of where all the engine mounts and transmission mounts are as well as a place I can buy them from. Thanks guys!
WhatDaEF1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 05:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pubis Beardus

Rep Power: 23 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Here is an aftermarket kit for OEM style mounts, this is for one with a Manual trans. It also shows locations of them all.

Roca Civic CRX D15B1 D15B2 D16A6 MT Transmission Tranny Engine Motor Mount | eBay

EDIT: but don't post more in this thread, make a noob thread or other thread to keep this one clean. Or you can PM me.

RIP Pat Primmer
You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Hell yea! This is EXACTLY what I needed! Thanks BeerDrinkin'
P.S. Im pretty good and beer drankin' too! Sorry I didnt use the thread correctly and thanks for the advice on how to to do!
WhatDaEF1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

hey guys. it appears im hearing some grinding noise while in gear. The car shifts fine and has no other issues. I have heard it could be my throw out bearing because it makes a clanking noise while idling in neutral. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
doobiedrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobiedrew View Post
hey guys. it appears im hearing some grinding noise while in gear. The car shifts fine and has no other issues. I have heard it could be my throw out bearing because it makes a clanking noise while idling in neutral. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
This is not the place to ask questions about your car problems. Start a new thread

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/141636-transmission-faq.html
Posted By For Type Date
Just got a 1989 CRX si and was wondering what transmissions will fit in it! : Honda This thread Refback 02-13-2013 11:39 AM