How do I identify a Z6 or Y8 manual tranny?? - Page 5 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #81 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 75 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomsydoodles View Post
whats the difference between the s20 - b000 and the p20 b0000? i am a newbie.
they are one in the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 10:00 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomsydoodles View Post
whats the difference between the s20 - b000 and the p20 b0000? i am a newbie.
Read post #73

'98 Civic Hatch 15sec DD
'05 SRT-4 All Stock 12sec DD
projectEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #83 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 civiclx1999 is learning the way of the Dciviclx1999 is learning the way of the D

all i can find in my tranny thaT i just bought is

y4b p20
s20 - 1418950

how can i tell if is a b000 or a000

and will this tranny fit my d16y7?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #84 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 75 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

find the casting code, what does it say?

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #85 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 26 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

thats what to look for ^^^

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #86 (permalink)
n00b

yeah so i got a stock 93 dx tranny is s20 what does that mean? lol
Mr_MaoEg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #87 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

92-95

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #88 (permalink)

This is the stamp from a 92-95 DX//LX tranny. P20 is 92-95; A000 means it's not an EX//Si tranny.

This is the stamp from a 92-95 VTi//Si tranny w/.75 5th. P20 means 92-95, B000 means it is an EX//Si tranny.

This "stencil" is also on the VTi tranny. It shows "U4E."

Both transmissions have a sticker like this with "S20," denoting 92-95.

Civic #2: 95 DX w/"Vitara" D15B VTEC, Si tranny, basic bolt-ons, 15" Rota GT3's
D15BCPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #89 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

what is the stamp on a CX or VX tranny from 1992-1995?

How can you discern it from a DX/LX tranny?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
what is the stamp on a CX or VX tranny from 1992-1995?

How can you discern it from a DX/LX tranny?
Hehe! We ask the tranny masta, Mista Bone. But really, I don't know. =] I wouldn't mind learning...

Civic #2: 95 DX w/"Vitara" D15B VTEC, Si tranny, basic bolt-ons, 15" Rota GT3's
D15BCPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #91 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

I never kept track of the ink stampings......maybe I should have.

Most of the trannys were dirty enough you couldn't see the ink, then after the hot washing it was gone anyways.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-08-2008, 06:27 AM   #92 (permalink)
n00b

Default I have 2 trannys well 3 but one is a CX

OK what's the difference between this two the P20B000 and the P4AB000 I'm going to install it in my honda civic CX with a built D16Y8 thank's

Last edited by evolutionviii5m; 07-08-2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: miss space
evolutionviii5m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #93 (permalink)
n00b

Short phone video of P20/B000 stamp location on tranny. Enjoy buddies, if you all want me to post up more phone vidz let me know, I can get a vid of the P20/A000 stamp location.

Undecided is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #94 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Short phone video of P20/B000 stamp location on tranny. Enjoy buddies, if you all want me to post up more phone vidz let me know, I can get a vid of the P20/A000 stamp location.

nice fucking bump man im sure they cleared this out 3 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ozwrecker View Post
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #95 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 dmindles is learning the way of the Ddmindles is learning the way of the D

okay im kindof stuck so does the s20 just for the years 92-95 and not the model of tranny? so i have to look for the stamp and not the sticker? well anyways my sticker says s20-1259220 and was told by the seller of my car(d16y7) it was replaced with a ex tranny,any help would be great
dmindles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #96 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the skysiregcivic is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmindles View Post
okay im kindof stuck so does the s20 just for the years 92-95 and not the model of tranny? So i have to look for the stamp and not the sticker? Well anyways my sticker says s20-1259220 and was told by the seller of my car(d16y7) it was replaced with a ex tranny,any help would be great
omfg read the whole damn thread man the answer is in this thread fuck damn

L3= 88-91
S20=92-95
S40=96-00

and by the way that sticker doesnt mean shit... just that it identifies that tranny as 92-95

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ozwrecker View Post
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #97 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 dmindles is learning the way of the Ddmindles is learning the way of the D

Quote:
omfg read the whole damn thread man the answer is in this thread fuck damn

^^^he luvs me

Last edited by dmindles; 11-08-2009 at 01:35 PM.
dmindles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #98 (permalink)
D-series lover

Does ne body have an idea what the diffrence in the gear ratios from the s20 b000 and the s40 b000..?
EK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #99 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

yes.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #100 (permalink)
D-series lover

Perfect and if so what are the diffrences if any..?
EK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification