accord radious rods to adjust caster - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 19 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
Default accord radious rods to adjust caster

I read this on h-t, but no one answered if they've tried it or not. I have access to an alignment machine and it would be sick to dial all my shit in. I have a 89 dx.
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....

What's the difference except maybe length?
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu16193153
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2007, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

I believe there threaded so you can actually adjust caster.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series Champ

Rep Power: 10 4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness

I wouldn't imagine there would end up being that much usable adjustment, if you're talking about the rods that go from the front lower sub frame to the lower control arms. If you shorten or lengthen those rods it will pull your lca's out of alignment with the uppers, which will most likely inhibit your suspension travel by distorting your lca bushings and creating binding while also creating unpredictable camber on turns due too the unknown effect it will have on the travel of your upper control arms. exaggerated caster adjustments are really only effective on full race cars and cars with macpherson strut setups as opposed to the double wishbone setup. the macpherson setup does not generally create as much camber in turns as the double wishbone and is more prone to understeer for that reason. sorry that got a bit long.
this pic is so old
4drturboD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

o yeah..... I'm really a noob when it comes to suspension, other then being able to use an alignment machine. Actually I dont even think I checked my caster. But a 93 prelude caster is off when put on the machine. my camber is off still so I figured get a camber kit and this if my caster is off (need to check).

so you say dont even fuck with it.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series Champ

Rep Power: 10 4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
so you say dont even fuck with it.
basically, it's just gonna cause unwanted problems
this pic is so old
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drturboD View Post
I wouldn't imagine there would end up being that much usable adjustment, if you're talking about the rods that go from the front lower sub frame to the lower control arms. If you shorten or lengthen those rods it will pull your lca's out of alignment with the uppers, which will most likely inhibit your suspension travel by distorting your lca bushings and creating binding while also creating unpredictable camber on turns due too the unknown effect it will have on the travel of your upper control arms. exaggerated caster adjustments are really only effective on full race cars and cars with macpherson strut setups as opposed to the double wishbone setup. the macpherson setup does not generally create as much camber in turns as the double wishbone and is more prone to understeer for that reason. sorry that got a bit long.
What?

Being able to adjust caster is never a bad thing, but as you mentioned you need to adjust the UCA's to match. With the right camber kit, this can be done.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
What?

Being able to adjust caster is never a bad thing, but as you mentioned you need to adjust the UCA's to match. With the right camber kit, this can be done.
i never meant to say it was a bad thing. it's just more complicated than changing the rod length, and in this case probably not really necessary unless he's racing the car. i never said don't do it, only that just doing the rod adjustments wouldn't guarantee a positive effect. just wanted to put my thoughts out there. could have been more specific but i felt long winded.
this pic is so old
Old 11-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

it's not going to be raced.

I have access to adjust camber before and after, as well as tie rods according to the alignment rack. what do you mean the right camber kit? the ebay ones with 1.25 to 3 pos. wont work.

I'm jumping the gun. I need to check if its even off first.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification