Front Tie-rods (inner, outer, ball joints, etc) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 EGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropes
Default Front Tie-rods (inner, outer, ball joints, etc)

Figured I'd do a write up from beginning to end for the front tie-rods, both inner and outer, ball joint replacement, and possibly the removal and installation of new lower control arms (might just get bushing kit instead..weighing prices) for a 1993 Si.

Ordering:
BLOX ball joints

Hardrace outer super tie-rods

Hardrace front lower control arm

Hardrace inner tie-rods

I'll do a full write-up with pics n' stuff because I love taking apart suspension, it's always come out great, not as complicated as it seems, I promise. Ordering this weekend, parts next week hopefully?!?!

http://chrismitchellphotography.tumblr.com/
EGDriver93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

looks like you are on a good star to a good suspension set up

i was thinking about getting the hard race front lca's
ls/lownslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 17 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!

in for any reviews on them blox extended lower ball joints. I be in need of replacement soon and originally was going for the buddy club p1 extended ball joints....Hrmm.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 EGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropesEGDriver93 is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls/lownslow View Post
looks like you are on a good star to a good suspension set up

i was thinking about getting the hard race front lca's
yeah they look legit, and I've heard a couple good reviews, but they are still pretty new, so I'll post up a nice review for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
in for any reviews on them blox extended lower ball joints. I be in need of replacement soon and originally was going for the buddy club p1 extended ball joints....Hrmm.
reviews of course......I was thinking the same thing, but the price is right, and Blox tends to "copy" other designs. We'll see how it goes.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

xotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcano

Maybe I'm just tired, but why would you run extended lower ball joints? Also, the aftermarket front LCA's, why would you run them? Not hating, serious question.

House of Honda Motorsports < Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Maybe I'm just tired, but why would you run extended lower ball joints? Also, the aftermarket front LCA's, why would you run them? Not hating, serious question.
Extended LBJ's raise up the spindle assembly, essentially dropping the front of the car however much you raise the spindle on stock suspension.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!
snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
Extended LBJ's raise up the spindle assembly, essentially dropping the front of the car however much you raise the spindle on stock suspension.
The main purpose is to raise the roll center back up after lowering the car. I never thought about it, but the ride height would be dropped as well after installing them.

Seems to be mixed reviews on whether they make a significant difference or not from what I have gathered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I like balls.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

^ It's true. There are mixed feelings about them, and also the lower control arm is just a fully assembled arm with spherical bearings installed vs. buying a Progressive bushing set and having them pressed in. The difference is $20 so I figured I'd just buy them assembled.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

xotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcano

Cool. I just thought I'd ask, spread the info for folks like me!

House of Honda Motorsports < Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Cool. I just thought I'd ask, spread the info for folks like me!
No worries man, I'll do a full write-up when it all gets in and I install the pieces.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano

In for updates and the review!

I'm very much intrigued.

Daily Driver: '94 EJ1
T3 42|48 / Go-Autoworks Mini Ram

Stock D16Z6 head on a Wischful Tuning rebuilt D15Z1 block

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wischmaster View Post
In for updates and the review!

I'm very much intrigued.
x2.

Subsribed to the thread as well.
slate13530 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!

Here I am........waiting

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Ordered the goods today...should hopefully be going on soon. School schedule is rough this year!! Stay tuned guys...

Old 10-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The inner tie rods could have been OE or normal aftermarket units, the use of "hardrace" ones is a scam for your money as there is little to no room to increase the socket strength while maintaining clearances/etc.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 scrubbin627 is learning the way of the Dscrubbin627 is learning the way of the D

In for this one as well. When I replaced my rack this summer I kept saying I was going to do this.

98 z28, stalled ls6, 344/341 unlocked
94 b4c, 6 speed lt1, stock, 307/340
95 z28, race car
scrubbin627 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
The inner tie rods could have been OE or normal aftermarket units, the use of "hardrace" ones is a scam for your money as there is little to no room to increase the socket strength while maintaining clearances/etc.
eh, well see won't we

Old 10-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 red5_02 will become famous soon enoughred5_02 will become famous soon enoughred5_02 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
Meh, if they needed replaced, they needed replaced. That kind of stuff can get expensive in the aftermarket anyway.
red5_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 4 CPT Del Sol will become famous soon enoughCPT Del Sol will become famous soon enoughCPT Del Sol will become famous soon enough

I heard mix reviews as well.. mainly people tell me that they are a waste of money but really cool for someone to take one for the team lol

Im changing my rack, inner and outer tie rods next week so lill keep trackin!!!
CPT Del Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 17 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Man. Ive been contemplating on getting the extended ball joint now to since I saw this. LOL...FFF ><

Edit: How much did you get the Blox Extended LBJ for? Because I seem to be able to get the buddy club extended LBJ for 188shipped. X_X

Edit 2LOL: Nevermind I searched around and they are roughly going for 140shipped. HRMMMMMMM. I wonder whats the difference between the two besides brand.

Last edited by Sammo115; 10-06-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification