[Help Me Choose] D-Series Suspension Whores GTFIH![= - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 6 Omega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropes
Question [Help Me Choose] D-Series Suspension Whores GTFIH![=

I'm currently on Kyb agx struts & Ground Controls..(Ej2 Coupe)

I have someone local who's selling Omni Full Coilovers for $450

My question..is this a good deal? The last time i talked about suspension Koni yellows and G.C was the best thing smoking.

I just want full coilovers now.. throw me some suggestions..

Oh yeah.. car is my daily driver/ weekend warrior.

Thanks fellaz..

Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!
Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!

What you have now is better.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 6 Omega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
What you have now is better.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 50 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Koni>KYB>Omni

If you are told to search, CLICK HERE!!!

Have you checked Teefury today?

About me

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Formerly weebeastie

Rep Power: 8 Soul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regular

I have full coilover Omni's but the QC was never great on them. In my opinion they work great for drag racing, not so much for autox. If you're seriously interested in them make sure they have the gen 2 replacement bottoms, and the replacement hats. If not and you slam it they will break. In fact if you're buying suspension parts to slam your ride, don't buy Omni's, you'll be sorry.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

function form type 1's good for daily? k sport?

could you guys recommend me some good full coilovers?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Blaze View Post
function form type 1's good for daily? k sport?

could you guys recommend me some good full coilovers?
function form type 1 all day i here how nice they are for daily and little track personally waiting on em in the mail
Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 4 D16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like Borat

omni = rice ksport = rice bwr = rice function form = rice

get some real suspension
pic koni gc blistein buddy club tein
D16Savage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle

AST 5200s.
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 ar151666 is learning the way of the Dar151666 is learning the way of the D

I've got Function Form Type 2's, but if I had to do it again I'd go with PIC selects. The F&F aren't bad, but for the price, the PIC would be better IMO.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Arcane is learning the way of the DArcane is learning the way of the D

Do NOT buy the Omni Power coilovers. I have them on my car and have regretted them since I purchased them. It's a extremely bouncy, uncomfortable ride. If you want a cheaper affordable coilover, look into Progress.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!
Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!Cali Noob is the fucking MAN!!!!

On the same topic (sorry Omega, don't mean to hijack your thread), I was debating what to do on my car, Tirerack sells the Eibach pro system for $666.00, has anybody tried this?

Eibach Pro-System Plus Kit

I've run Eibach pro kits on a couple of my previous cars (Camaro and Eclipse) with good results, I presume they would work okay on a Honda. If I had the dream budget, I'd pop for the Tein flex series...I plan to daily drive my car with occasional autox sessions, I also tend to seek out the windy backroads when I go places so I don't mind trading out a little comfort for superior handling. If coilovers are an order, what are the best ones under a grand? Blox tuner series? Skunk pro s II? Tein Street Basis? Other?
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AutoXCivic It's a JDM Star Bitches....AutoXCivic It's a JDM Star Bitches....AutoXCivic It's a JDM Star Bitches....AutoXCivic It's a JDM Star Bitches....AutoXCivic It's a JDM Star Bitches....

My vote goes for the PIC selects. I absolutely love mine. I would recommend getting the 10k/8k spring rates if you are going to DD the car. I went with the 12k/10k and it can be brutal at times ... but I can live with it. My car is DD/AutoX and when I race the car oversteers. That's right I said it ... I have a tail happy honda.

My Build Thread ... now with boost

My other build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer2005 View Post
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!
snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D16Savage View Post
omni = rice ksport = rice bwr = rice function form = rice

get some real suspension
pic koni gc blistein buddy club tein
Agreed minus Tein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrettHowell View Post
AST 5200s.
I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post
My vote goes for the PIC selects. I absolutely love mine. I would recommend getting the 10k/8k spring rates if you are going to DD the car. I went with the 12k/10k and it can be brutal at times ... but I can live with it. My car is DD/AutoX and when I race the car oversteers. That's right I said it ... I have a tail happy honda.
I'd go with a 6K/8K combo, but even that is too much for a car that sees mostly street duty IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I like balls.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification