My new EJ6 build

12K views 71 replies 27 participants last post by  di5order 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATES 3/26/09 ON PAGE 3 & 4

When i first got this POS!!!

Them put some EP3 seat in!

See less See more
#3 ·
Then my friend need his hood back and gave me this POS!

Then I had to take off this ugly ass THUG RIDES STICKER!!

#4 ·
And here's ths ugly and blown motor

So i had to pull the bitch out

Can u spot the now hole

#6 · (Edited)
So the ppl that had this car befor me a fucking idiots. They tried to do a wire tuck and just fucked everthing up here what they did

Engine harness went through that hold. So it was in the wheel well so every time the car bounced the tire would hit the wires and fucked it up. Also they had it wraped up in a plastic back the wraped in duck tape

So i pulled all the wire's back and took all the hast black tape holding it together and solder them back up.

#7 ·
Also had a big camber problem an i had to fit that shit up.

AND THE NEW SKUNK2

So all in all this car is a POS but il trying to fix it, so i wanted to paint the bay since the motor is out i though i might work on it. so here it goes.

#8 ·
Now its sanding it down a lil, but now perfect bec i dont really care to much about the car.

Now a lil paint

And some filler primer

#11 ·
Well i got kinda tired so i need to eat a lil!!

Now back to work

SO how does she look now???

Reactions: str8venom99
#15 ·
I really want to but i need to learn how to paint and buy a bigger gun.

#13 ·
Ok now this is were i need some help from the painter!!!!

I got my self a lil spray guy

But i never painted befor so idk how much air to paint ratio like turning the knobs, so can someone help me out. also that first layer to primer i did, i want to sand it and should i sand it down with 400 grit bec that all i really got they spray it down again with this

And ooo ya baby thay championship white

#16 ·
Looking a lot better. For some reason I was attracted to the wheels but not so much to the matching gold stickers. ;) Your banging it out. Subscribing to see how she turns out. +rep
really i hated them lol they were some big ass 17 lol. and ya im trying to fix her up a lil.

and a lil rep back thanks

#17 ·
Man i am loving where this is going, Championship white may be overdone, but it's a beautiful white and i am gonna have my car that colour one day.

#18 ·
well i found it a pep-boys for $20 so i couldnt go wrong with it. plus it say i dont need to mix anything, its ready to spray out the can. so im happy with it

#20 ·
Man you got this car goin nice, I like the rims too but they are a lil big but when i saw the car i was like wow its nice but just lose the stickers and thats when you show the blown motor, sucks! I hope everything goes well!

#25 ·
Lil update: i when out and wet sanded the car with 400 grit

Then i sprayed the bay!!!!! This was my first time ever spraying anything with an air gun, An i think i did ok you guys let me know how i did

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

#27 ·
Well i did the first coat on the bay with the White and i think it look pretty sexy but i need to do another coat then a shit load of clear. i think it coming out good what u guys think. And again this is my first time ever going this.

#28 ·
It looks a little mottled, like if the temperature is too cold the spray thickens and doesn't coat as smoothly. I'm going to guess that wherever you are it must be cold as hell since you have a radiator/heater thingy in the engine bay, and that coldness is contributing to the mottled look of the paint.

Or it could just be the way the light is hitting it, I could be wrong!

Looks good otherwise.:bigok:

#30 ·
Lol ya its gold over here but i left the heater on all night so it should be warm in there now. So im going to wet sand it agin with some 1500 and spray it again.

But thanks, Also any advice is welcome!!!

#31 ·
ok well i used the 1500 an it really didnt do shit so i used the 400 grit. witch really helped alot bec it felt kinda bad. so then i sprayed it again it cam out a lil bit better but its still not realy smooth like i want it.

And one have any advice so how it get it good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.