My $65 JRSC Build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Showcase

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2016, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 1 Projekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default My $65 JRSC Build

so as some of you know im doing an in depth custom p.i.m.p. setup with a JRSC M45 kit.

it all started one day with wanting last year riding with a buddy to a meet in his ZZP Stage 3 ion, it was quick everything zzp you could imagine set at 15psi. that car was fun and the whine was loud and you could hear it forever away.

anyways last month i was searching predated sale posts on facebook groups and found some older for sale posts of supercharger setups and i contacted a couple guys and the last dude i contacted didnt respond for a week as everyone said theres was sold along time ago, but this dude had it yet. he said make me an offer it's just taking up space. so i offered him a hundo shipped and he said sure. i was skeptical at first but dude sent me pics and i said fuck it and worked out the shipping arrangements with him, 3 days later it was on my doorstep.

in state bought:

It was like Christmas came early opening it haha:

Before tearing it down to start my project:

seperated:

decided to re-finish the manifold and clean it up a bit:

I found it easier to use a wire brush on the stamped part. it came out super clean with some elbow grease and i cleaned it up with some carb cleaner and shop towels:

i left the bypass valve on and diverter, it was one less gasket to replace and i cleaned it up nice and just taped it off with some other areas. i used high temp gloss black. i wanted to wrinkle and bake it but since i left the bypass on i just glossed it:
Projekt2nr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2016, 03:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 1 Projekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like BoratProjekt2nr smells like Borat

tape removed, now the fun stuff begins:

im deleting the JRSC stock fuel source so in place of the ugly IAT Sensor i NPT fitted it for my mechanical Boost Gauge:

i wanted to do something different so i decided to paint the Stamped logo, i used TESTORS medel acrylic gloss paint, the OE Red and White:

i let it sit for a day to dry and sanded it with 150grit Emory Cloth:

the stock stand offs are shit so im getting some custom ones from ColorFittings:

what the new ones will look like:

also getting a Reman made of a tentioner bracket and pulleys from them, so excited:

so i plan to delete the JRSC fuel management and do my own custom set-up.
my laptop crashed or id have a dozen more photos.
the IACE is blocked off on the bottom of the Throttlebody and ive also painted the S-Tube black this will be my winter project and ill post more as im going along with the projekt

Last edited by Projekt2nr; 12-12-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

working on my own custom map to run this build, mapping is nowhere near done but this is sofar where im at.
just incorporated boost tools now editing the stock D15b Vtec map.

retard degree @1.00%lb/psi and fuel at 105%

Old 12-08-2016, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 23 Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Sounds like you got a good deal. The manifold looks great.

How do the rotors look?

Where are you going to relocate your IAT sensor to?

If you hadn't planned on it already, change the oil while the supercharger is out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 04:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Sounds like you got a good deal. The manifold looks great.

How do the rotors look?

Where are you going to relocate your IAT sensor to?

If you hadn't planned on it already, change the oil while the supercharger is out.
all the sensors are on the throttle body, the big dumb sensor that was where i put the NPT fitting is just a trick sensor to trick the iat into a +1LB with the jrsc fmu and what not

the charger ill have to take new pics of but it had like 90% of the teflon on it yet.

i went to change the oil but it was literally fresh haha i took a look inside and the coupler was replaced so i left that all alone
Old 12-08-2016, 04:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

should make some noise eh.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
should make some noise eh.
i cant wait to let it whine out haha ill get more in depth with the map the closer i get to installing it. i was actually surprised at how good of condition the M45 was in. im hoping i can get the exhause redone before its installed. i plan on modifying my cat-back with a 18" ultra quiet Vibrant resonator and a Vibrant stealth muffler, i was looking into the k-tune but i dont like how raspy it it i want to get it as quiet as i can without performance loss. it sounds like a subaru on steroids right now, i blew the packing outta my muffler awhile ago and it just amplified the whole exhaust
Old 12-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Solid start!

Jswap 4dr
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

keel_hauled It's a JDM Star Bitches....keel_hauled It's a JDM Star Bitches....keel_hauled It's a JDM Star Bitches....keel_hauled It's a JDM Star Bitches....keel_hauled It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Gotta love deals like that! Looking forward to seeing more.

My website:
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 40 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Wow, that took me a minute to figure out who you were. Looks good all finished up and freshened. Since I may move in 60 days or so I need to finish my lame sauce or move it as a roller....my winter project just got a deadline I think. Been cleaning the back of my block, using wire wheels and dawn soap. Looks almost as clean as the SC came out before paint.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 22 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Looks good.
Great work on the paint job.
Should be very fun once done. and deals are always great, they just dont come along enough for me lol...

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 44 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews

I wish I could find a deal like that.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
Solid start!
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keel_hauled View Post
Gotta love deals like that! Looking forward to seeing more.
as do i just gotta search the innerwebs of facebook haha, there will be more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Wow, that took me a minute to figure out who you were. Looks good all finished up and freshened. Since I may move in 60 days or so I need to finish my lame sauce or move it as a roller....my winter project just got a deadline I think. Been cleaning the back of my block, using wire wheels and dawn soap. Looks almost as clean as the SC came out before paint.
thanks man, who is this? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Looks good.
Great work on the paint job.
Should be very fun once done. and deals are always great, they just dont come along enough for me lol...
Thanks, haha just gotta search i find crazy deals at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I wish I could find a deal like that.
it took me awhile to find one i saw one for like $600 it also didnt have the tentioner bracket
Old 12-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 40 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

You found me out on instagram. @nomoreapathy

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

yeah yeah haha your also on my facebook, and myspace from wayyy back hahaha
Old 12-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

can someone let me know if any images are unobtainable? im going to re-host them as i just made my facebook private so not sure if security seting broke links and ill move them to my photobucket. thanks, more update to come tonight, appreciated
Old 12-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

S-tube and IACE blockoff template. previous owner had a piece of a license plate cut to cover it i had some leftover fiberglass sheet from when i made my custom lip so i made a temporary block-off until i get some sheet aluminum it has a gasket.
alot of bolts are not OE and i plan on upgrading them all to non corrosive Grade9 or something eventually before i install it.

new plan

i also gotta source a spine bolt or specs, for the pulley
Old 12-21-2016, 03:11 AM   #18 (permalink)

replaced and bought a bunch of bolts yesterday. random ones are now allen head. some nyloc nuts and cut some gaskets. should have it assembled tonight or tomorrow. ill post updated pics when assembled
Old 12-23-2016, 03:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

assembled it.
the m45 was a dull cream when i bought it, with the fact of it being under the manifold and Master when i install it im not worried about it's appearance as also the catchcan will be mounted above the snout as well.

i still plan to rotate the pulley once i figure out how to get it off
i contacted MOSS HARROP Eaton and MAGNUSON with no luck until lastnight MAGNUSON contacted me back Via e-mail and confirmed that there M45 Snout Pulley NUT was indeed M12x1.75 i think the previous owner had used an impact on the one that was on prior to me buying it in which seems like the only logical solution as to why i cant get the bolt on comletely
here's a picture of the current assembly.

waiting on my stand-offs for the fuel rail yet and the DSM 450cc gasket kit.

i left the throttle body alone as the gaskets are good but i might hit it with some high-temp and brush the paint on.

current pic of the bay and vehicle

top half of the car was painted an S2k midnight black with a blue flake it looks pretty awesome in sunlight

i also want to get rid of the denji's and ballasts and go back to stock or clear glass headlamps and do a retrofit.
i got a buddy with an Si cliip he said he would sell me the hood and front bumper for $100. i bought the shell with the abs bumper and patina hood on it. has tein on the front and stock in the rear i havent had the chance to put the springs on but ive been keeping my eyes open for a used set of full body coilovers at a decent price.
i also have a msd set-up i will install at somepoint, wires blaster module cap and rotor, i just gotta get some plugs for it
Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

got bored with the bland ecu cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
colorfittings, d15b, jrsc, m45, projekt2nr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.