Honda D Series Forum banner

BiGrEd's Build

4K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  BiGrEd1011 
#1 · (Edited)
BiGrEd's Build UPDATED WITH PICS!

Alrighty guys so I don't have any pics yet but I will be posting some today as I go. Long story short I ended back in a ej8! I got her from an auction and picked her up 2/5/16. I just ordered my first group of parts.

skunk 2 lowering springs
glowshift boost gauge
AEM wideband
cluster dual gauge pods
Action stage 4 clutch and pressure plate
Godspeed kit
DSM 450cc injectors w/resistor and wires

So far I have only spent $1247.

I have a friend that is tunning it on chrome. Shooting for atleast 200whp.
engine build and MFactory LSD is the next major mods.

May start looking into more of the suspension. I hate how much body roll this car has. Im glad to be back!

Thanks guys! I will be posting pics when all my parts come and when I start installing everything.

See less See more
#9 ·
Ok as I promised, here are some pics. There is going to be a lot and I have to edit when I'm not on my phone.

Here is when I bought her at auction!!! 2/5/16

1998 ex coupe with 123k miles

Compression test 150 145 150 150

Attachments

#10 ·
First mods!!
Xxr521 with hancook Ventus v2 tires!!! I know it looks weird specially with a +20 offset but that will be taken care of soon

Attachments

#11 ·
Turbo kit came 2/17 and I immediately got to work. Thermal coated everything I thought needed it.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
And now for what I did today 2/18. Woke up and tackled the intercooler. I had to smack some of the radiator support with a hammer on the driver side. But it fits nice! Real tight. We will see....but so far so good. I also didn't receive hardware to mount it. So I went to ace hardware. Got the bolts and a couple 1 1/2 brackets and sized the holes for the bolts. Took a lot of my day up but it's all good.

Attachments

#14 ·
Nice base to build on here, in for more.

#15 ·
Thanks man! I don't think I have done a bad job yet. SOOOOO much more to come. The car will be a completely new machine when im done :)

I hope to be making 215whp on this set up. Then Ill plan to build the motor and shoot for 350whp. But that will be WAY down the road. maybe next year

#22 ·
small update! 2/22/16

So my clutch should finally be here on the 25th! Still fighting on ebay to refund me for the 3in exhaust I ordered. Kteller is supposed to be a great company.......but they are playing games and being assholes at this point.......just gotta wait till the 27th to qualift for the buyers money back protection. Then ill order my full Yonaka exhaust for $220.

So plan is to drop my car off at my tuner for the clutch on Thursday.......should get it back Friday night maybe Saturday. Going to be installing my Action stage 4 clutch with 6 puck disc, replacing the rear main seal also and resurfacing the flywheel.

#26 ·
There's nothing wrong with that one for a D Series, it was the B Series one that I recall that broke.

Anyways I got the Glowshift Oil sandwhich adapter and it leaks some oil. Had it for over a year. Can't seam to stop the leak..

Nice ej8, I got a white one. Rims gonna look nice once u roll the fenders.

Questions, why the Godspeed kit and not the EMUSA kit?
U gonna send the turbo out to check to see if its balanced ?

#27 ·
I personally have a best friend of mine that boosted his girlfriends del sol on the original "godspeed" kits. But I have done a little research and Godspeed and REV9 seem to be the same company. (hense the REV9 kit came inside the godspeed box). Im going to just run with what I have. The way I see it......if it blows I have an excuse to B swap lol.

I also had a white ej8..that was my first one. loved it. that's why I have my silver one :) Might start looking into painting the car though. probably stick with silver. Kind of skeptical running this sandwhich plate now lol. I don't want any oil leaking. To me that just seems like a weak point and is doomed for failure. I may just tap into the oil pressure sender...

#28 ·
Clutch came today!!!!! :D action stage 4 6 puck :)

Attachments

#32 ·
IF you can edit your posts, go back and click on your original pics. right click them and then copy the img url. once you copy it, go to the insert image icon and paste it in there. makes the picture bigger

#33 ·
UPDATE!!!

Got the car back! Clutch and springs installed. New motor mounts ordered.....saving for new struts! KYB GR-2's is what I'm going with

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.