1993 Honda Del Sol S - Page 7 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Showcase

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #121 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

SpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miho1269 View Post
Awesome build makes me miss my sol so bad lol my avatar pic is actually of the z6 that was in my '93 si sol wish i never would've sold it. Cant wait to see this on the ground and see the numbers that motor puts down keep up the good work!
If I hadn't changed plans a bit for this car it probably would be on the ground. But I'm going a bit bigger and badder, just waiting on the new head to get back from the machine shop. Then finish up my ITBs to go on said new head.

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S [Project]
1996 Honda Civic CX Hatch [Near stock DD]

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
SpoonfedCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #122 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah im sub'd to ur ITB thread also im excited to see how those work out for you. Sick header bro made me order one lol should be here next week
Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #123 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

SpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcano

I figured it has been a little bit of time since I've updated. Ever since picking up the AE86 the del Sol has been put on the back burner a bit. But a little bit more has happened to her since my last real update. Car is coming back together nicely, and really all that's left on the list is finishing up my wiring, a few more suspension mods, new brakes, wheels, exhaust, one piece headlights, aux lights, and some little stuff here and there. Then I'll save up over the winter for body and paint.

Also I decided to run with the motor I built that is in the car now. I've spent so much time on it that I need to see what it does. But currently sitting at a machine shop is a y8 head that is getting a 3-angle valve job, P&P, and re-surfaced. It will get y7 internals, a Colt TriFlow stage 2, and another y7 AEM adjustable cam gear.

So my current ITB project as of right now is on the back burner, I'm going to finish the ITBs. Just not sure what they will go on yet, because I think I have other plans for the y8 head I'm building. I really want to see what a built non-VTEC y8 head can do on a stroked block. I think it could be a fun and interesting setup, so the ITBs might go on that if I feel I can get a high enough CR to utilize the ITBs properly.

Here is a little pic of how the del Sol currently looks.

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #124 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....

she looks nice still sad about the whole thing was really looking forward to everything

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

my 1996 hatch build in progress
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...tch-build.html

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
559civic_dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #125 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 559civic_dx View Post
she looks nice still sad about the whole thing was really looking forward to everything

Thanks, and the ITBs are not scrapped just gonna be used on something else.

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #126 (permalink)
n00b

I like where this is going.
nick812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #127 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....559civic_dx It's a JDM Star Bitches....

where you at?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #128 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
where you at?

What do you mean?

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #129 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ia meant to put where you at on the car?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #130 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
ia meant to put where you at on the car?

Oh, I've been super busy with the AE86 lately and work has been killing me so not a lot has happened with the del Sol. Only thing I can really report on is I've finished up some more of the wiring inside the cabin, and started to reroute some of it through the firewall where the heater core used to sit.

Plans are to finish up the wiring, clean all the wiring up, rebuild the engine harness, and tuck the rest of everything in the engine bay I need to.

Then I need to find a set of wheels be what I'm wanting for the car or a set of steelies. Order my exhaust components, have the exhaust fitted and welded up then get a basemap on my ECU and start breaking in the engine. As soon as the engine is broke in I'll start fine tuning my basemap.

Body and paint will be the last of what I'm wanting to accomplish on this car.

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #131 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Guess I can give a little update, I've had the time the last few nights to remove all the interior of the car to get to the wiring. Since I've decided to do an engine bay wire tuck, I've decided to remove all the components under the dash. So that way I can run the needed wires through the firewall where the heater core used to sit.

I know there will be some of you that question my decision to remove the AC and heat from the car, but this is a track car so there is no reason for it.

Also the car had a factory Honda security system installed in it by the dealer when it was purchased. So I took my time and removed all the wiring for the security system, at least I hope I removed it all properly we'll find out when I go to try and start the car for the first time haha.

Also removed the SRS system since I decided to go with an aftermarket steering wheel. I have the SRS system complete and working, might throw it up for sale but not sure how many people want to put SRS in their cars hehe...

Also removed the climate controls from the dash so I can use that space to mount my aftermarket gauges. So far I have an Autometer manual Oil psi and an Autometer Pyrometer gauge. There is room for one more 52mm gauge in that area which I'm sure I'll mount my wide band when I buy it.

Next on the list is to locate all the wiring harnesses under the dash were I want them, loom them up real nice, power wash my carpet, and then reinstall all the interior. But not before I remove the rear window to make sure the drain tubes are not clogged up, and to remove excess speaker wire since I will not have a stereo in this car.

By the time I'm done with this car, it will nearly look like a stock car but will be VERY basic. It will have full interior minus the radio and climate features, and I've also decided to replace the stock 93 bumper with a JDM CRX del Sol front bumper with fog lights. I'll replace my plastic axillary lamps with glass units from a European CRX del Sol and stain them yellow. Some JDM one piece head lights, and the hard to come by JDM Stanley fog lights. That's a good $2000 in just the front of the car hahaha. But I've always felt everybody should do what makes them happy. Hell I've got $3k+ wrapped up in suspension, and around $1500 in the engine. If you're going all the way make sure you do it right!!

Here is a quick pic of how the cabin looks, more to come stay tuned!

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #132 (permalink)
D-series G0D

2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....

Looks good man. I like where this is going. Can't wait to see it finished. If your interested I can make you a new tucked engine harness.

PM me for obd1 & obd2 tucked mil spec harnesses
http://www.d-series.org/forums/sale/...e-harness.html
all so do vtec sub-harness

tucked headlight harness
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...-hottness.html

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #133 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Looks good man. I like where this is going. Can't wait to see it finished. If your interested I can make you a new tucked engine harness.
Thanks for the comment and the offer. But I was going to attempt the harness on my own to save a little money.

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #134 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonfedCivic View Post
Guess I can give a little update, I've had the time the last few nights to remove all the interior of the car to get to the wiring. Since I've decided to do an engine bay wire tuck, I've decided to remove all the components under the dash. So that way I can run the needed wires through the firewall where the heater core used to sit.

I know there will be some of you that question my decision to remove the AC and heat from the car, but this is a track car so there is no reason for it.

Also the car had a factory Honda security system installed in it by the dealer when it was purchased. So I took my time and removed all the wiring for the security system, at least I hope I removed it all properly we'll find out when I go to try and start the car for the first time haha.

Also removed the SRS system since I decided to go with an aftermarket steering wheel. I have the SRS system complete and working, might throw it up for sale but not sure how many people want to put SRS in their cars hehe...

Also removed the climate controls from the dash so I can use that space to mount my aftermarket gauges. So far I have an Autometer manual Oil psi and an Autometer Pyrometer gauge. There is room for one more 52mm gauge in that area which I'm sure I'll mount my wide band when I buy it.

Next on the list is to locate all the wiring harnesses under the dash were I want them, loom them up real nice, power wash my carpet, and then reinstall all the interior. But not before I remove the rear window to make sure the drain tubes are not clogged up, and to remove excess speaker wire since I will not have a stereo in this car.

By the time I'm done with this car, it will nearly look like a stock car but will be VERY basic. It will have full interior minus the radio and climate features, and I've also decided to replace the stock 93 bumper with a JDM CRX del Sol front bumper with fog lights. I'll replace my plastic axillary lamps with glass units from a European CRX del Sol and stain them yellow. Some JDM one piece head lights, and the hard to come by JDM Stanley fog lights. That's a good $2000 in just the front of the car hahaha. But I've always felt everybody should do what makes them happy. Hell I've got $3k+ wrapped up in suspension, and around $1500 in the engine. If you're going all the way make sure you do it right!!

Here is a quick pic of how the cabin looks, more to come stay tuned!

This my friend is a beautiful sight lets us know shits getting done

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #135 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
This my friend is a beautiful sight lets us know shits getting done

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
Thanks bud! You know I'd update this thread a lot more often if this site would tell you who or how many people are subscribed to the thread. Gives me motivation to keep going, as I'm sure it would for most.

Tiny update, wiring is all finished under the dash. Need to zip tie a few things in place to keep them from moving around, power wash carpet tomorrow, and start putting the interior back together. Stay tuned for updates!

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #136 (permalink)
D-series G0D

2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....2jzdreamin Still a JDM Star....

I need pics. I'm keeping eyes on this.

tucked headlight harness

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #137 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
I need pics. I'm keeping eyes on this.
Not much has happened on the outside of the car, but I can update pics of my wiring job in the cabin. And maybe a new picture of the engine bay, just installed a b16a TB and port matched my D15B VTEC IM.

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #138 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonfedCivic View Post
Not much has happened on the outside of the car, but I can update pics of my wiring job in the cabin. And maybe a new picture of the engine bay, just installed a b16a TB and port matched my D15B VTEC IM.
Post them up.

tucked headlight harness

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #139 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Update picture of the engine:

And so for how the cab wiring looks, like I said I still need to zip tie things down where I want them so they don't move around.

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #140 (permalink)
D-series G0D

looking good man...is the car street/strip or just track?

tucked headlight harness

instagram @magicman9won4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification