Honda D Series Forum banner

Big Tony's ultimate DD build

11K views 91 replies 32 participants last post by  b16racereg6 
#1 · (Edited)
The car is a 95 Civic LX sedan. Factory ABS, 4 wheel disc, PS, AC. Originally an auto, I converted it to a 5spd and swapped in a DOHC ZC. boosted it on 6psi for a while, now I'm pulling it out in favor of a SOHC build. sooooo, here's what's in the works.

Bottom end:
d15b7 block
75.5 teflon coated Vitaras
FJ custom USDM d15 h-beams
z6 oil pump, water pump, all new bearings and seals

Top end:
d16z6 head, bone stock rebuilt
stock cam
z6 intake manifold, port matched with 58mm OBD0 B16 throttle body
FITV delete
thermal IM gasket

Fuel/engine management:
AT P06 ecu, converted to manual, added vtec, PWM boost solenoid hardware, Neptune RTP
Zeitronix wideband w/LCD display mounted in center vent, 3.5bar map
DSM 450cc injectors balanced by Linder
stock ignition system
polished OEM fuel rail
B&M fpr
Walbro 255lph

Drivetrain:
DOHC ZC transmission with OBX lsd, stock gears
gripforce cromoly 8.5lb flywheel
Competition stage 3 segmented kevlar clutch
autozone axles

Turbo/exhaust:
AGP Delta 42 .48exh
Spoolin' A/C stainless log manifold/DP/dumptube
STOCK exhaust
E-cutout (not sure which brand yet as they all seem to break)

My goal is to hit, or come close to 300whp on 93 pump gas with 18-20psi and get 35+mpg combined, still keep all the amenities like AC and PS, etc.

ps-sorry for the crappy pic quality. cameraphone FTL

See less See more
#33 ·
Some pics of the car.....

what size are your rims and what are the offset. i'm looking in getting a set of these 17" rims for my 97 prelude in gold but i don't know what offset to get.

#3 · (Edited)
Some interior shots... spent way too much money on the interior but I love it for DDing :biggrin:

The leather looks kinda loose in those pics, and it's because i took the pics immediately after i installed it. Now that the seats have been done and sitting outside for a few months, the leather has tightened up and looks much nicer.

#5 ·
I street tuned it myself and never dyno'd it so i don't really know for sure, but my guess is around 170whp. it's just a little bitty Saab t25. starts boosting at 2k, 6psi by 2500 lololol. yeah back in HS i started to put stupid things on the car but i stopped before i ruined it, and pulled all that stuff out of the car. (autozone foglights, blue gauges, ricer corner lights, steelies... etc LOL)

#8 ·
Did someone say phantom grey? Like me you need to glue the side panel inserts back down in the doors. 4dr love mang, nice car.

#10 ·
Thanks! I'm actually debating on replacing the inserts with black suede or something. i also have the grey leather inserts made to fit that came with the leather seats, but the color is just off enough that i think it may look funny when i install it. i might try and see if it looks okay, and sell them if not. 4dr love! lol. i also have a Harvard Blue pearl eg hatch that's gonna recieve the ZC build. it'll also be boosted. :)

#23 ·
so i changed my mind and opted to buy a brand-newly rebuilt head instead of having the shop rebuild the junkyard head i bought.... found out that 12 of the 16 valves are not sealing correctly and i definitely don't feel like dropping $300 on new valves for a DD motor... SOOO the head is in the mail and will be here tuesday. meanwhile, THIS arrived at my door today... i'm a freak about clutches so i'm excited to try this bad boy out :D

#24 ·
got the new head in. feels good man.

so now i have all the parts i need to complete the build. all i need to do is stop procrastinating my visit to the machine shop. once that happens, things will come together very quickly since there's no waiting for parts.

meanwhile... i've been working on cleaning up and polishing the wheels to get ready for clear powdercoating. sick of washing them every 3 days.

i like wheels.

#27 ·
>.<

I just died..

The exterior is SO MINT. I want projector lights, but idk how I feel about the look of them in the housing. Besides that, its almost EXACTLY how I would have mine. Real nice bro.. nice find!

Lol car must be fun.

#28 ·
Thanks man. the exterior isn't as perfect as it looks in the pics. the paint is in nice shape but there are rust spots starting to pop up in the rear quarters :( i'm still iffy about the headlights too though. they look a bit rice, but they're real morimoto projectors retrofitted in the ebay housing, and the lighting quality is amazing which makes me want to keep them. the cutoff line is awesome. believe it or not, i did the retrofit for fuction over form lol. ideally i'd like to have a set of Denjis but those are freaking expensive so i went this route.

#34 ·
Remoer- they're Nippon F1 15x6.5 +38. however the geometry of the prelude suspension is different and they probably have wider fenders so you could probably go with a wider wheel and a lower offset. i don't know for sure though. your best bet is to probably post in a prelude forum where people are experienced with what will rub and what won't.

Fodo- that AE86 is friggin sweet. i love old school corollas, though i don't know much about them... the main reason i did the headlights was because there are deer EVERYWHERE out here in indiana, and i do a lot of driving at night back and forth to my fiancee's apartment... as far as weight distribution goes, i wouldn't worry too much about it... there are so many boosted hondas out there with amazing handling characteristics, it's all about how you build & tune the suspension. relocate the battery, delete the a/c (neither of which i did lol) and your weight distribution will be about the same as stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.