Honda D Series Forum banner

Coasttimes Build

21K views 256 replies 29 participants last post by  Alston3ptSwish 
#1 · (Edited)
So it is about that time for me to start my build :bigok: I have been watching Trons, 2jzdreamin, GO-AUTOWORKS, CivBomb, stevenarroyo, Anonymoussquid and many other builds that have inspired me to start mine. I will be posting many pics and videos of my build. I hope to hear tons of feed back so that I can fix, change or make something better.

#2 · (Edited)
Now lets get to the good stuff! This is how my civic sat 2 months ago.

I will post how it looks today later. I got to head to surgery

#8 ·
Thanks!
heal fast man! don't rush healing man it will only mess you up more and then you want be able to work on your hatch.
good luck with healing and your project keep it safe! :bigok:
Thannks! I will be putting my info up today. Got some parts in.

Heal Fast, and GL with the build! what plans do you have for it?
Thanks!

heal fast man! cant wait to see more of this,ill deff be keeping my eyes on this.....what plans do you have for it?
Thanks! I will post them up today.

#7 ·
heal fast man! cant wait to see more of this,ill deff be keeping my eyes on this.....what plans do you have for it?

#9 ·
Okay surgery sucked balls but I will be posting things today. I got some presents yesterday check it out!

Yeah!!!

#10 · (Edited)
I will post more information later today. I will post everything up that I am changing upgrading and converting. I will also post prices.

Body:
1996 Honda Civic Cx--$2000.00

-Front end 1999 Honda Civic Ex conversion.--$
*99 Civic Front bumper--$35.00
*99 Civic Front fenders--$30.00 each
*99 Civic Front hood--$90.00
*99 Civic Headlights--$35.00 each
*96 Civic Rear bumper--57.00

-Rear brake conversion 1999 Honda Civic Ex--$125.00
*99 Civic Rear trailing arms including rotors and calipers
*99 Civic Si E-Brake cables-Installed
*99 Civic Rear brake pads-Installed
*99 Civic Si proportioning valve-Installed
*99 Civic Rear brake lines-Installed

Here is a DIY write-up: http://www.d-series.org/forums/suspension-corner/15258-rear-disk-conversion-how.html I put this on here so the people that don't undersdtand can read through this. Thanks to Rexinre!

Suspension:

*Skunk 2 lowering springs--$135.00--Installed ( I will be putting coilovers on in the next week or so)
*New stock shocks--$120.00--Installed
Upper control arms-Installed-Installed
Blox Lower control arms
*Ebay Chamber kit--$35.00--Installed

Interior will be stock as of right now.

Sounds:Kenwood CD deck
JL W0 Subs enclosed box.-- Installed
Kenwood 4 channel amp 1000watt/Xplode 2 channel amp 1000watt-- Installed
Type S componets --Installed

Engine:D16z6 longblock with y7 Transmission (My brother took my SI trans I will be picking it up next month.)
Mfactory LSD

*=ORDERED
I=INSTALLED

Bottom End
*H-Rods bought off Craigslist--$100.00
*Vitara Pistons bought off Craiglist--$50.00(I might buy brand new Vitara pistons from FJ distributors)
Hasting Rings
ACL Bearings
*ARP Head studs--$94.90
ARP Rod bolts

Head
*AEM cam gear--$99.90-Installed
Bisi 1.2 Camshaft
Supertech Valvespring and Retainer Kit

The rest of the stuff:
*AEM Uego wideband--$168.79-Installed
*Boost Guage--$50.00-Installed
*Nepton RTP Demon--$360.00
Base map and tune--$200.00-Installed
*DSM 450 CC Injectors---Installed
*B&M FPR--$85.99-Installed
*K&N Air Filter--$42.00
*Garrett A/R .60--$460.00-Installed
*HKS BOV--$200.00
*TIAL Wastgate--$224.00-Installed
*Ebay Turbo Manifold--$100.00 (I will upgrade later to a Go-Autoworks ram horn)-Installed
*Ebay Intercooler--$70.00
*Ebay piping Fuck ebay piping it was too shitty!I went with Go-Autoworks IC Piping because the flange has a shitty weld. Its worth the extra $100.00.)
*Ebay 3" Down Pipe W/flex pipe--$79.00 (The welds are okay, but I would not buy this part from ebay again)-Installed
*Ebay Dump tube-Installed
*Ebay 2" Core Radiator W/slim fan-Installed
*Ebay Water pump--$30.67
*Ebay oil pump--$48.55
*Ebay full gasket set--$45.89
*Autozone Timing belt--$
*Go-Autoworks Electronic Boost Solenoid--$72.99
*Go-Autoworks Fan Shrowd--$55.00-Installed
*Go-Autoworks Competition Clutch Stage 2--$285.00-Installed
*Go-Autoworks 4 Bar Map sensor (plug and play)--$99.99-Installed
*Oil lines--$30.00-Installed
*Weapon-R Catch can--$61.00
*EK 2 pod bezel--$29.99-Installed
*4 x NGK BKR7E 4644 V-Power Spark Plugs--$8.99-Installed
*Resurfaced flywheel--$35.00 Completed
More to come!

#12 ·
x2...nothing like having a pile of brand new parts.....:TU:

#17 ·
Here is my Ebay Down pipe. It looks a little weird.

Look arount the flange. Hmmm???

Here is my Garrett turbo, Wastegate, Manifold

#20 ·
AEM Wideband

Water Pump

Front Ebay Camber Kit. I took some picture so you can see the welding on the part.

Sorry for the shitty picture.

NGK spark plugs. I got these because they work better with a turbo motor then the stock ones do.

#23 ·
Got more parts today! YEAH!!!
Intercooler piping. But I don't know if I like it, I might send it back and just spend the extra hundred to get Go-Autoworks piping.

Check out the weld on this flange, it looks like it has holes in the weld.

Oil lines

Big thanks to Go-Autoworks

Fan shroud for my slim fan

Boost controler

My two pod bezel

#27 ·
Right now I am trying to see if this guy will send me a prepaid box so I can send him the item. Then I am going to order go autoworks. Update for now is I will be pulling the motor sometime this week to install the oil pump, water pump, arp studs, and clean the motor. Also I will be sending my head to get resurfaced. I am wondering If I should mill it or not???

Also I will be traving a long distance in about 3 weeks so I think I will install the the vitara pistons and h rods when I get back.

Got me some new toys today!

Please keep the comments coming and thanks for caring about my surgery. Rep to you all for that. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

I got some brand new arp y8 head studs that I know longer need because I have a z6 so just shoot me a pm.

#33 ·
Got a small update!

Here is the motor in the bay D16z6.

Another shot of the bay with the headers gone.

A/C gone.

The fatty fat fan gone

:bigok:

#34 ·
Motor is out.

Transmission is off.

Look what came in the mail Go-AW right on time. Literly I took the transmission off and UPS pulled up.
Stage 2 CC

Bar 3 Map sensor

#39 ·
Well I hate when I see a post with those small photos.

i just started wondering how your able to pull a motor right after having your arm worked on :pinch: go you tho. keep bringin those updates!
LOL My mom said the same shit. "Boy what the hell you doing pulling a motor" then she said "If I have to come to Texas I will whip your ass" LOL. I have a strong right arm. :bigok:

hey good work so far ... love the collection of good parts building up :TU:

i totally know about having surgery, i had ACL surgery it laid me up for quite some time, however you managed to pull an engine out with a bum arm... good work!

lol
O I will. I love more parts. Surgery sucks ass, I can't let it stop me.

BOOOOOST! Looks like a sick build so far! What are you shooting for numbers/track wise?
Right now I will be shooting for just over 200 hp and when I get back from my vaction next month I will be building my other Z6 and I will be shooting for 350 hp to 400 hp. I will also be spreaying the bed and doing a wire tuck. :bigok:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.