Honda D Series Forum banner

scottdh20's turbo 95 hatch aka "miss civic"

117K views 1K replies 103 participants last post by  all_rice 
#1 · (Edited)
so i thought i would start a new project log as my build has gone in a very different direction...

for those that dont know the back story here is the old project log:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/107827-95-civic-cx-hatch-project-d15b7.html

the name "miss civic" was given to my car by my g/f ..... she claims i'm having an affair with miss civic and she is just going to have to learn to live with the fact i got two ladies in my life that need constant attention and money

anyways i will start from just a few months back to get you up to speed

last year for the few weeks it actually lived before spinning a bearing

and now....block and arp's are in, head and turbokit are just sitting as i was test fitting the new intercooler pipes

current mod list:

engine:

-block
built d16y7 (eagle rods/std bore vitara)
arp head studs

-head (z6)
skunk2 valves
crower valve springs
272-2(bisi 2.4 clone) delta cam
milled
port and polish
Cleaned up bowls
Back cut valves
Competionion 3 angle (5 angle) valve job
Deshrouded valves
aem cam gear

y8 head gasket
3" exhaust
Edlebrock performer x intake manifold
Skunk2 70mm throttle body
spoon oil cap
Dual core aluminum radiator
Slim fan with shroud
Speed factory thermo intake mani gasket

turbo:
Holset hx35
Custom ramhorn
mini external ebay wastegate
3" v-band down pipe
2.5 ic pipes
genuine blitz blow off valve
godspeed fmic
Rc 750cc saturated injectors
stealthmode oil line kit
tuner toys block fitting
ngk- bkr7e

drivetrain:
egay short shifter (over 4years now )
Shift extender
Weighted knob
f1 stage 3 sprung 6 puck clutch and performance pressure plate
H22 slave cylinder
si 5-speed

Suspention & rollers;
K-sport full bodied coilovers with adj dampning
Aftermarket red rlca's
street - 16x7 asa -bf goodrich g-force tires
track- 24.5x8x14 mickey tompson drag slicks on 15" hx rims with screws

exterior:
spoon style front lip
ek sideskirts
amber corners
50/50 tail lights
spoon style mirrors
carbon fiber duckbill
Vis vented carbon fiber hood
Vent visors
diy black housing headlights

interior:

knock off red recaros
4 point harness
autopower 4 point cage with custom harness bar
clock
jdm center audio consol
autometer dash gauge pod
5" autometer monster tach
aem uego wideband
2 5/8s water temp gauge
carbon fiber radio block off plate w/ autometer boost and oil pressure gauges
carbon fiber gauge cluster shroud
rear strut bar
red l.e.d's in gauge cluster(looks nice)
itr shift knob
armrest
v3 dvd/cd player
5 1/4 pioneer door speakers
6x8 sony rear speakers
pioneer immp 12"sub
generic 450watt amp(250rms)

tune will be done by RCautoworks
Goals are 11.999 or faster / 130mph+ traps / 400whp+ all on pump 93oct.

Car needs to be good for 10s ....and I will work my way to it :)

See less See more
#5 ·
they going in this one, or another car ya building ?
its for this car....i got the cam sitting in my backseat...i just have been so crazy busy to get to ups,usps,fedex,etc..... but i will be taking time out of my lunch break tomorrow to send the core on in.... hopefully make the deadline...lol

i'll be happy with 11's without spray and hping for 10's with.....my guess is im gonna need taller slicks and better suspention to get there though

#9 ·
thanks guys

tron reading owns you....reread the second to last line of the original post.....im working on convincing kyle(hondanut_b16) on xceed to go with come spring time.....i wanna do it on a day that temps are higher for spring.. high 60's low 70's but dont want to wait till summer...lol that way the tune will be a bit better come those 90* summer days

#10 ·
Without spray I'm hopeing to get it close to 300....with spray well we shall see but it should suprise some people

#15 ·
yeah i like those photos alot......yoshi took the first 4 of them, they guys name is on the 5th and i bet you can tell the ones i took with my droid....lol

#17 ·
Haven't set one because I'm not 100% when it'll be done, when the time gets closer to finish I'll set the appt

#18 ·
cam is being shipped today from delta :) .... i'll post pics when it shows up

#19 ·
Small update

This came in today

Delta 272-2 :D

#21 ·
Just dropped the head off at the machine shop, will be ready in a couple weeks and I'll post up some photos

#23 ·
suspention will be addressed soon enough its next on the list after the motor work......remember this entire build is paid for via extra cash....no credit cards, no loans, no b.s. ....just what little is left after bills and life....

i highly highly dought im going to hit 10's ....11's most likely....to get 10's im gonna need better suspention and larger slicks

picking up my head today or tomorrow :D ...i will post pics

#25 · (Edited)
dont forget the turbo is not the only power adder......it will also have a 50 shot....and i have access to a fairly cheap hx35 and i already bought a t3 log mani if its not enough :)

small update...picked it up this earlier

and i told them to leave the ports a little ruff for better atomazation of the fuel....but is this to ruff

#27 ·
Well 11s is the goal....so i'll keep my fingers crossed

All I was saying is 350whp is enough to get there but that's with a properly dialed in suspention and properly sized slicks and a lot of driver mods...

I on the other hand am aiming for 11.999 or faster.....if this setup proves to be not capable I have a backup plan with the hx35 or atleat something 400+whp capable....which is why I'm overbuilding the motor....if the t28 won't do it for me I wanna swap turbos and retune....but I wanna keep it fun on the street....something I didn't think the hx would do well

#28 ·
also i had tron pick me up a si harness for me from a guy in detroit....he'll be shipping that out to me monday....i gotta bring the head back to the machine shoip for some finishing work.....then reassemble...

then i need to order the alum rad w/ slim fan and check clearences with the new charge piping because it surly will not fit with the stock rad/fan.....once i get the spots marked for a wasgate bung and bov flange i can give it to my buddy to weld up..i may need to take 1-3" out of the pipe though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.