Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#2 ·
NIce car. Clean and I like the manifiold setup. I've heard bad things about the external coil setup. Seems to be getting it done though lol. Keep it up man lets see that rebuild!

#6 ·
Thanks man. Using it with MSD digital 6 ignition box I have never had a problem. The digital 7 on the other hand, can cause a lot of interference with the ecu.

Reactions: Civichatch91
#4 ·

I will post more when i get home to my computer, And try to keep this updated as i finish up. :) Thanks for looking

#10 ·
Haha thanks. No, I wish though.
nice car/build.. not liking the exhaust tho..but everything else looks great! keep up the good work
Thanks man, just read your thread, nice build. Is that the CNC stage brake?

Reactions: H2Bcivic
#8 ·
nice car/build.. not liking the exhaust tho..but everything else looks great! keep up the good work

#11 ·
Transmission mount

Testing to make sure it works lol

80lbs added to the traction bar

Bumper needs paint :(

Boost solenoid mounted behind the headlight

Shifter i made.

FPR and how i ran my vacuum line

#12 ·
There is so much custom stuff in your car! Love the attention to detail. Turbo looks sweet sitting up front! I have never seen a traction bar or tranny mount like that!

#15 ·
Haha well, I call it my racecar, but it will for sure still see street time ;)

Glad to see you finally posted up your progress looks good I like the exhaust looks pretty pimp.
Thanks man. Haha we'll see how updated I can keep it. Haha. I'm horrible at it.

#16 ·
I saw you post bay pics over on H-T. Nice looking setup so far. I love the downpipe out the fender. Looks great man.

#18 ·
Idealone, thanks man!

Cause they're pretty bad ass. They have a handcuff after 4th like how b-series guys replace 5th with a handcuff. But It's stock. They use a half shaft. Can use a b16 lsd/differential. I didn't really measure, I drilled a hole and it works. I got this whole tranny idea from MikeEh2. He has a good write up on H-T about it. As far as the exhaust, just because i guess? It's different. I like different haha

Reactions: 99EJ6T
#21 ·
I got this whole tranny idea from MikeEh2. He has a good write up on H-T about it.
funny thing, he got the idea from THIS site and its members ;). he just cried foul and ran back to h-t, cause certain people asked him to give credit when credit was due and he wanted to claim he was the mastermind behind it all... just so you know where the idea/info actually came from, anywho...

it looks good. how has the o-ringed block worked out for you? or have you not driven it yet? there was a member on the site that had a o-ringed block, but couldnt get it to seal right. idk what happened after he made his post about it, cause i honestly forgot about the thread. :lol:

#23 ·
Thanks, i'll try lol. Like i said before, i suck at updates.

Yea, I thought about the CG tranny for a minute. But I figured if Im gonna put all of that extra effort into it, Id like it to have some aftermarket support. So I went D2B like everyone else seems to be going.

Although I do like the stock cuff.
If i would have seen they way people were doing the d2b i would have done that. But i already had everything for my CG set up, and it was already in the car. so i think i'll stick with it for a while, and start a b-series trans build to swap over too. but at that point it'll be drag car only because i'd like to do a dog box. like a liberty.

funny thing, he got the idea from THIS site and its members ;). he just cried foul and ran back to h-t, cause certain people asked him to give credit when credit was due and he wanted to claim he was the mastermind behind it all... just so you know where the idea/info actually came from, anywho...

it looks good. how has the o-ringed block worked out for you? or have you not driven it yet? there was a member on the site that had a o-ringed block, but couldnt get it to seal right. idk what happened after he made his post about it, cause i honestly forgot about the thread. :lol:
Really? hmm,
had no idea. thanks for the info. :)
I haven't driven it mine yet, but this isn't the first one i've used. I've worked on two other sleeved/o-ringed d-series without a problem, and countless b-series lol. It's the ARP's i'm worried about. A friends sohc made 580hp a few years back, when he had arp's it wouldn't stop lifting the head on the dyno. switched to new oem head bolts and solved all his head lifting problems.

#20 ·
Yea, I thought about the CG tranny for a minute. But I figured if Im gonna put all of that extra effort into it, Id like it to have some aftermarket support. So I went D2B like everyone else seems to be going.

Although I do like the stock cuff.

#27 ·
Probably. Haha. He's more of an acquaintance than a friend haha, he does some weird shit. Like removing rear suspension and using boat trailer bump stops.

Anyhow, thanks for the comments guys

#29 ·
I have always had good luck with them. I'm shooting for 600, which yeah stock will do, but the tests we've done show more power early on than stock. And I've set up a clutch switch along with the ecu and msd for WOT shifting. There are 4 out law cars in Utah, all with msd ignition. I got this ;)

#33 ·
The digital6 is definitely not the best, but it gets the job done. guys were going 9.30's on it in 06, no reason it won't work now. if I could afford the digital 7 that everyone else is using. I'd have that.

#38 ·
Lol you don't think dss 3.9's will do? I have stockers for spares. I'm more worried about the differential.

I have 24.5x9x13's :)

#37 ·
The digital 6 will more then do the job. I think speed factorys outlaw car and garage808 went 8's on it a couple months ago. I think the rlz car had one as well.It's the msd analog boxes that are crap.

Car and the build look great.Good luck with it.All these 6262 builds are making me want one but I need to lay some decent times with what i have first lol

#41 ·
I've thought about switching cams. But i decided i'll try this one out. The guy i mentioned above made 580 on the 59300. That test speed factory did, the 59300 made more peak torque but started falling off, where as the bisi 2.4 & 3.6 held it across the graph. So i guess we'll see. Just sucks spending twice the money as the comp for the bisi.

those slicks will work!

what brand diff? if you get a B16 Mfactory it shouldnt have any problems.

ive made over 250 passes on my mfactory, 95% of which i was making over 350whp and i havent had a problem with it.

but then again i had some 23's that spun a little more than i would have wanted... (ie. the whole time)
How many axle problems did you have? (if any) I know people are quick to jump and say eff Mfactory due to many problems people have had with their products. Axles getting messed up from MF differentals, gears and gear sets breaking, etc. I'm on stock open diff for now. trying to get one before april/may when our track opens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.