Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#742 ·
This is my same block from last year. Just chipped all the devcon out and checked it for cracks. It was good to go, so we used it.

Reactions: FarmerD
#744 ·
At 165 bucks per 5gallons, I'll pass. I wouldn't mind trying it. It is just soo expensive. And nobody around here would have it. So then I'd spend another 100 on shipping.

Reactions: FarmerD
#747 ·
I dont recall what you fuel setup is.

Im on e85 making 500hp, fuel setup is as follows;
-6 line from tank to fuel rail
Rewired walbro 400 (not much bigger then the 255, the base is about 1/5 bigger)
1000's
Base pressure was 60psi

At the power level the injectors were only at 70% duty.

#750 ·
locking vtec is super simple in fact you need to do it when you start playing with big cams to degree/clearance everything.

only intimidating part is having to disassemble the rocker assembly there are lots of parts!! haha

#752 ·
Update time. It has been a VERY long week. Got the engine assembled tuesday night, in the car and running wednesday night, tuned it thursday night, finished the roll cage friday night, and raced it saturday night.

Picture time.

Trans assembly wednesday.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

SF intake mani gasket

Motor in car

I think this bish has oil pressure ;)

On the roller

#753 ·
Had a few issues on the dyno. 3 runners on the intake manifold cracked. One pull on 25psi made 603hp, next pull made 530hp. we were like WTF!? then found this

Pulled it off, welded it, got it back on the roller within an hour.

Then had some vtec issues. The ball bearings we used to lock vtec weren't strong enough, and they crushed. So we made 540hp non vtec haha. pulled the vc, put the lma's back in, plug the solenoid back in, and ran it normal.

This was the final on 31psi. That 59500 cam is going bye bye, it was our biggest setback. Going to get a custom Web cam made.

#754 ·
Racing last night was a blast. Only got one run. # of the 4 cars broke. I was the only one not to. Although i did have one issue. As i shifted 4th, it nosed over. So I clutched it and coasted to a 11.42@108. Log showed no boost in 4th gear. But comparing the slip to my 10.68 pass from last year, it was on a 10.50's pass, with a shit 60'.

#757 ·
i don't remember seeing anything about you're mount setup for the tranny before... could you explain that a lil?

#764 ·
I love my 6262. If I buy a different turbo, it'll be either a 6266, or the new 6466. I thinly I'd stick with this route if i did it all over again. What does the s300 cost?

#767 ·
why didnt you just reverse the pins in the rockers? thats the easiest thing to do.

sucks you had issues man. sucks about the 59500 cam too.

PS thats some serious power for 25psi!! haha crazy 100whp more than mine.

gotta love bore and CR!

#768 ·
man i have said ity before and i will say it again...this bish is sick....

i love it.

i will agree with turboprelude i got HUGE improvments in spooltime with the forward facing twin scroll. i would honestly say my holset spools similar to my t28 setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.