Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#705 ·
Has any reinforcement fabric been cut. It does not matter worth a dam if only rubber is cut. It's the fabric that counts.

Pump them up to the absolute maximum recommended pressure and see if it bulges. If not, it's 99% sure OK.

Oh, and I just love the wheels

#709 · (Edited)
Okay ladies and gents. I finally got the OK to post photos of a test product we have been working with since April.

I present Hondata Traction Control! :) It will finally be released August 27th. Here are a few pictures I had on my phone.

The TC box is the black box to the left of the ecu.

This is the control knob. I can either turn it off, or have 5 different levels of traction control/slip all at the turn of the knob from the drivers seat. Everything gets setup through hondata with a laptop connected to the TC box. and basically I can decide how much I slip or or how little slip there is. or turn it off for some fat ass burnout action :D

(who needs a rear defrost button :p)

A little better shot of the box mounted on my new ecu plate, along with hondata s300v2, zeitronix 5bar MAP, and the relay for my launch control set up.

MSD got a new home too

#710 ·
front ABS sensors added

Rear ABS sensors added

Here is a video from Church Automotive, and their testing they did.

I'll have vids SOON. Got a good phone call last night :) Rings should be here today. But even better... Our local track is having one of their huge weekend events, with nitro cars and such, and they called last night and invited myself, and 3-4 of our local fast hondas to come out and run some exhibition matches and put on a show for the crowd. They NEVER have imports run LOL. So I have 1 week to have this bish done!

Reactions: FarmerD
#718 ·
Thanks!
I'm so jelly... Video better be up within 24hrs of first use... :ninja:
The go-pro will be running for sure!
That traction control.

Does it work by applying a brake to the wheel spinning?

Does it require factory ABS or some ABS parts.?

Does it require Hondata or will it work with any chipped ECU including ODB0?
It uses ignition timing to slow the wheel spin. I just added oem abs sensors i pulled from the junk yard. Other then that it was plug and play with hondata. It was designed for use with all hondata systems. But can be used with other systems. Neptune should be wrapping up development on their TC box as well. This one should work with neptune. ectune i'd imagine wouldnt be to hard to get to work.

here is more info from their website.
Traction Control

What a read... Love the Build - keep us updated on your personal review on the traction control in action!
Thanks! Will do. I know many are scared of the price, but if it works out well (like it has been) It would be KILLER for high hp guys on the street.

I know of one honda that has been testing this for a while now. He has gone 8's-9.0's in the 1/4, and makes over 1000hp. this stuff will work. It just takes some figuring out.

#715 ·
That traction control.

Does it work by applying a brake to the wheel spinning?

Does it require factory ABS or some ABS parts.?

Does it require Hondata or will it work with any chipped ECU including ODB0?

#717 ·
Pat

It requires the abs axles and oem sensors wired to the control box and I believe it reduces power threw the computer to said wheel. Go to hondata.com and all your answers will be had.

#722 ·
congrats on the invite next week. i cant wait to see this car back together. by far one of my favorite single cam cars!

#724 ·
DAMN!!!

If Neptune gets their TC box going soon, I may have to run that setup... I already have 4-wheel disc and ABS in my sedan and when I swap those knuckles over to my drag car someday, it'll be gravy... I wonder what the price will look like...

Loving the build man. Wish I could see this in person. Definitely an inspiration.

#725 ·
using ignition control to control the power levels, do you see anything weird happening with boost levels? i know when i toyed around with using ignition to limit wheel spin (was using an MBC no BBG) i was getting way more boost but less power of course.

#729 ·
Yeah Hondata has that stuff. But I dont think boost will be effected enough to worry about that. But I will let you guys know asap. I'm kind of excited to try driving 600+hp on the streets and not just roast the tires... That could be a scary ass ride LOL. Or a great way to make some money ;) silly muscle car guys... It's only a 1.6l single cam...

#732 ·
For sure hold on to it for a min :)

in a car that weights half as much also :D
LOL. I like to give the thick headed ones a hard time. And usually they are the ones ignorant enough to believe NO 4cyl EVER could keep up.

#733 ·
Progress yesterday,

Bought a few 150psi sensors for data logging.

Modified my gauge holder for the usb plug ins. No more reaching down to the ecu to plug in the laptop.

All ecu, tc, sensor wiring done and mounted on the new ecu plate.

Going to try and get the motor done right now.

#735 ·
LOL it took me years to complete this the first time. fire pics/vids soon.

Here she is.

ported and shimmed the oil pump.

#736 ·
comp 59500

Locked vtec. got rid of the lma's.

Checked cam degree, and measured intake valve duration.

Ready to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.