Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#606 ·
Yeah. I've been on it for a year.

TD just emailed me. They shipped a new box of valves today, along with new guides and guide seals for being honest and alerting them of the eff up. Pretty cool guys.

#608 ·
Hondata v2 showed up yesterday. Block is back from the machine shop. I'll be working on it tomorrow so I'll get some pics. It's been a few weeks since TD autowerkes said they were shipping new valves and a lable for me to ship these back. Now they won't return emails, I can't wait any longer, so I'm using them. Now I just need head studs and get the rods balanced and we can assemble this bish.

Reactions: owneyboy
#610 ·
This is what their website says:
- 8 analog inputs. - 1 digital input. - Datalogging memory doubled in size. - Improved ECU code storage usingnon volatile SRAM. - On board calibration storage. - Batteryless memory for greaterreliability and longer life.

I got it for the ability to log more sensors.

#612 ·
2 analog inputs. So I could only log afr and oil press. But now I can add fuel press, and doing individual egts.

#618 ·
Effing guys haha.

Head gasket came today.

Golden Eagle (oem Honda opened up) 78mm bore.

S300 v2 Installed.

Now have 11 analog inputs for data logging... Time to buy some sensors! haha

#620 ·
HAHA. No, the camera on my phone is water damaged, so I took pics with my moms phone and sent them to my phone, and for some reason picture quality is shit now. Here..

:p

#623 ·
Will do. So far onlly 4 are being used. I'm not going to use the digital input until hondata writes the software for rear wheel speed vs front wheel speed, for traction control.

Reactions: FarmerD
#627 ·
:) Soon..
the traction control, is it legal to use when drag racing? i guess its only the NHRA that doesnt allow traction control...
That MSD box can do traction control and was approved. Technically, TC isn't legal, but everyone has their own version of it, and nobody ever gets in trouble for having it.

what sensors you tryin to use?
AEM oil pressure and fuel pressure. wideband. 4 aem egt sensors. trying to find a good aftermarket IAT sensor. adding a pressure sensor to the coolant system so we'll know if any head lifting is happening. eventually rear wheel speed sensor. and... I dunno what else yet haha.

#629 ·
We are first going to try the GM sensor. If we do different ones, I'll let you know ;)

Block is ready for assembly. Head is getting spot faced tomorrow. Then I can port the combustion chamber, then send it back to the machine shop to get the valve job done.

Few pics.

(cutting it close to the o-rings haha)

#630 ·
Just picked up my front end. Exospeed 3-piece. Need paint matched.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

#633 ·
:TU: Might rock it xohcef style for vegas... No paint haha.

I hate you
You'll hate me even more for the price ;) under 1/2 of what they are new.

Reactions: Hugo Boost
#639 ·
Balling and on a budget! I say keep it in the fender you dont see many like that. If it aint broke dont fix it.
Seems to be the general consensus among the people I've asked haha. Atleast will these all I have to do is glass the cut out piece back in if I ever change my mind :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.