Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#545 ·
Well, data logs show nothing. Nothing out of the ordinary at least. I dont get it... highest rpm was 9191, and my rev limiter is set at 9200. so nothing odd there. none of the 19 logs on there showed anything that looked like a mis shift and rpm spike. I hate cars sometimes. LOL. Maybe it wasnt as i remembered. i dont know.

Just need my engine hoist to be dropped back off to my house from my brothers and the motor will be out so i can finish pulling it apart.

Reactions: FarmerD
#551 ·
Here is one change :) Adding this onto the MSD Digital 6 box. This will allow for better control of the tire. aka, traction control ;) Plus a lot better ignition control. It can control timing in each cylinder if i wanted. kinda cool. Going to order one in the next few weeks.

7730 - Power Grid System - Controller Only - 7730

#554 ·
Not this one danz. It was just approved by nhra and ihra. Just can't be used in top fuel dragsters or funny car or in pro stock. :)

#556 ·
Yes. Non-ported. New one is ported, and I've been talking with a company about having an oil pump gear cnc'd like the ones the b&k-series guys have available.

#558 ·
Exactly :TU: they even have a traction control add on ;) $300 bucks for the grid. That's pretty sick for what it does.

#559 ·
;) Endyn Rollerwaves. 78mm. Flat top. More pics and parts to come...

(sorry for the Shitty picture, phone is water damaged)

#562 ·
HAHA, I don't NEED it.... Just want it hahahahaha. One rod got ovaled out enough that a piston hit the cyl head. It could be cleaned up and reused, but i wanted to go with a higher comp piston anyway over this winter break from racing. so this is my excuse :p

#565 ·
I'm stuck with the D for a while. :p too much invested to give up now lol. I have some new personal goals for next season.
How much for the old pistons? Shoot me a pm
IDK yet. I have a friend that i was going to sell too that was on the fence about buying wisecos or vitaras. I'll let you know what happens.

#567 ·
Not yet lol. That shit cost too much. after buying all the line and water box, ect. And kinda seems like more hassle to me. having to drain and refill it so often.

Eagle. But it was because the bearing got so eff'd the rod has play on the crank. So as it went up and down it beat the hell out of it. kinda made it egg shaped. this was during normal driving conditions. but i had to keep starting it so i could make it too work on time. I would start it, get on it, shut it off and coast as far as i could. i was only about a mile away. but i had no choice

#568 ·
So here are the plans/changes for 2012.

Purchased parts.
-Endyn 78mm 10.6:1 cpr pistons
-Eagle rods
-Ferrea flat face Stainless valves, +1mm over. (waiting for delivery)
-Spot faced the cyl head so the combustion chamber matches the bore of the cylinders.
-78mm headgasket, OEM honda, opened up by Golden Eagle.
-SpeedFactory thermal intake mani gasket.(waiting for delivery)
-New oem oil pump, ported this time.

-Pulled the trans apart and sent 1st-4th gears in to Liberty gears where they are face plating them.

Needed parts.
-Buy all the rest of my safety crap. Driving gloves, shoes, pants, neck collar.
-Window net and install kit.
-New 13'' wheels, and new 24.5'' slicks. My brother has the Lenso/slick set up I used all last year.
-AEM oil press sensor for logging.
-ACT 4-puck unsprung disc
-????

Want/if funds allow.
-What ever brand LSD I can get my hands on for the trans.
-Try to get some DSS axles.
-MAYBE a different cam.
-Parachute and release cable.
-ATI damper

Cleaned up the block last night. I hated how the Devcon looked. so I cleaned it all off. Block and pistons were dropped off at the machine shop this morning to get bore and hone done. then i'll redo the devcon.

Still need the valves to show up so the head can get dropped off to get the valve job done. Then need to get the crank polished and balanced, along with having them balance the whole set up as far as the crank, crank pulley, flywheel, and pressure plate go.

Out of everythng, i am most excited for the trans lol. I hope it doesnt take too long. They said 3-4 weeks.. :-/ As long as I have it back Before May LOL

#571 ·
OEM honda. Golden Eagle takes them and bores them out to what ever size you need.

Man, so excited to see updates on this again!! Best of luck this year!
Thanks man! Hoping to get some good racing in before July. Then I am taking a break for a min ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.