Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#487 ·
No idea. I haven't heard of them. I have delt with a few s&w cages in 240's, one in an eg and one in a crx though. I liked the fit. And now they have an even better revised eg version. My buddy just installed one in his hatch.

But if that place can beat a chromoly 10pt for $499 shipped, I'd buy through them. I honestly would have bought the kens kustom chassis moly cage if they weren't so much lol

#490 ·
call them. i got my EK weld in 10 point from them. it was $200 something?

i think their cromoly is around $400-$500

they were super super nice people too. even gave me directions to jack in the box! hahah

#492 ·
i could tell they wanted to make fun of my canadian accent but they resisted!! good people in my books.

cant go wrong with the S&W, some of the bars are notched already.

i had to notch all the AM one myself.

#493 ·
HAHAHA that's awesome.

This new revised kit fits a lot better then the ones I have delt with in the past too. I'm just curious about the lower bar that will go from rocker sill to rocker sill. I'm unsure of what they send for that. If anything.

#494 ·
For me, they sent a bar that was too short (I think 51", which would BARELY reach side to side without a bend in it, but because of the brake and fuel lines in the EF chassis, I couldnt do without a bend). So I called back, and they sent the same thing again. Then I called back, explained myself, had to talk to the manager, who referred me to the engineer. I talked to the engineer, and he just decided to send me 60" of tube. They sent all of this for free, I didnt have to pay shipping or anything, and got to keep the extra tubing.

I went to PFI (local shop), and they bent it for me for 20 bucks. I just sat there and watched, and did some of my own measurements. Just kept bending slightly until it was where I wanted it. It fit perfectly, and I had about 5" to cut off of the end.

S&W is a great company to deal with.

Here is how I did my bar. Its slightly leaned back too. I love it.

Painted and with interior.

#495 ·
Awesome. Just how I was thinking of doing it. As long as they send a bar long enough, I can bend it. I work in a fab shop, and have a bunch of experience bending this kinda stuff. I just can't get my boss to order the moly for me. Thanks for the pics man!

#496 ·
No problem. And yea, if they dont send one long enough, just call. Theyll take care of ya. They did for me.

#499 ·
I believe 8? 2 for the hoop, 2 for the rocker bar (d-bars tie into the rocker bar), 2 for the a-pillar/door bars, and 2 for the rear bars.

#500 ·
Thanks! :tu:

I believe 8? 2 for the hoop, 2 for the rocker bar (d-bars tie into the rocker bar), 2 for the a-pillar/door bars, and 2 for the rear bars.
Cool. I'm going to bend up a few at work so I can box in the corner where the main hoop will hit and for that lower bar to weld too.

Man I wish it was here already. Next race is three weeks out. That gives me PLENTY of time to get that shit fitted and welded.

#502 ·
That looks more geared toward road or rally racing. Not drag racing. I like it. But it just isn't what I need

#514 ·
#516 ·
lol yeah. They run free shiping specials a lot. I happened to place an order for a shipping quote, and he sold me the cage for the free shipping price.

But to anyone interested, call them and mention FCS fab and you'll get a discount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.