Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#394 ·
sucks about the timing belt but glad it all worked out and good luck with the trans i would like to see this car run its best on a d trans then switch over to a b series so we can see the actual overall improvement. i personally would just like to see the gains of a b series compared to a d

#399 ·
Unfortunatley, i dont have an ordinary d trans. Its more like a b then a d. CG trans ftw
leakdown aint too bad at all.

good news..

i forgot you had the CG tranny. thats gotta be your problem... not getting enough out of the cable arm or maybe getting too much... i know with my cable car i had to tighten the shit out of my cable

and then on lowball i did the same before we started it up but it was WAY too tight. haha.

not all cars are created equal i guess. heh
I think it is the clutch. I just need a crank pulley and i'm good to go. and i can try to figure it all out

If that's all the leak down your getting then that's nothing to worry to much bout.
:TU:

My last motor and this one both had about 6-8% leakage all the way across. So thats not bad at all. Did you do a leakage test before hand? I doubt you bent the valves.
I didn't. I should have though.

Taking the car to the track again on friday night. But running off wastegate and pump gas only. and trying to do some bracket racing in the sport compact class. Maybe try the new 11.50 heads up class.

#395 ·
leakdown aint too bad at all.

good news..

i forgot you had the CG tranny. thats gotta be your problem... not getting enough out of the cable arm or maybe getting too much... i know with my cable car i had to tighten the shit out of my cable

and then on lowball i did the same before we started it up but it was WAY too tight. haha.

not all cars are created equal i guess. heh

#397 ·
My last motor and this one both had about 6-8% leakage all the way across. So thats not bad at all. Did you do a leakage test before hand? I doubt you bent the valves.

#405 ·
Went to the track tonight. Just ran the car on pump gas and wastegate and ran in the sport compact bracket racing class. Had a ton of fun. I'll add more vids tomorrow. best pass was 11.87@118. No antilag, so it bogged off the line every pass. And i forgot my laptop, so i had no choice but to run it as is.

http://static.photobucket.com/playe...et.com/albums/ae47/TRIANGLE_BOY/VIDEO0044.mp4Burn out vid haha. Love em.

Runnered up. Ended up in the finals, against my little sister! and lost.... HAHAHA. 2nd gear owned me. I missed it, so there was no catching her

#408 · (Edited)

05 srt4. 3'' DP with e-cut out, and 24.5x8 slicks. best time is a 13.5@? She has a DSP tuner, and aem wideband we need to get on the car and get it tuned. Going to max out the stock set up.

There is a few pics in there from trophy pics last night

semi final round

#411 ·
hah yeah! I wasnt paying attention. my bad. I also didnt expect it to spin. cause it bogged the previous 4 passes.

god if i was the other guy in the semi's id be pissed having you come around me that hard on top end.
heads up racing is where its at.
but i love the flames!!!
HAHA, funny part, that was another girl. shes WAY to cocky too. with her 16.8 car. Worst part of that was waiting on the line. trying to count out 4 seconds (i dialed 11.82, she dialed 16.8x? so it was quite the wait) so i'd be ready to get it on the 2-step and launch. I was SOO anxious. but got right around her. I went 11.90 on an 11.82 dial in.

#410 ·
god if i was the other guy in the semi's id be pissed having you come around me that hard on top end.
heads up racing is where its at.
but i love the flames!!!

#412 ·
Yeah, it's funny. We get such a bad rap as import owners, but when I went to the track last night there was a whole bunch of domestic owners with open headers and huge tires making a fuck ton of noise in their crapcans and only managing 15s.

Then there was that old rusty beat up truck that was hiding a supercharged SBC under the hood that ran 13.75 at 99mph. 8)

#415 ·
Exactly. Hate that shit.

nice vid.looks like its pullin hard.just need to dial it in.
Thanks. This is all just off the wastegate. I wanted to figure my trans issues on pump gas instead of wasting race gas.

Wow, I didn't think you would catch you so quick.
Good luck getting it dialed in.
Thanks man

One more pic that was just sent to me

#416 ·
May have found my clutch issue i have been batteling.....

Front and back are destroyed. And there are stress fractures all over on the disc it-self. PP and flywheel are good though. so I ordered a different clutch disc (4-puck unsprung) so I can get the car to the track on the 24th. In the meantime i now have a b16 trans i am mocking up on an old block to get ready for the D2B.

Stupid clutches

#417 ·
Also have a new stack of time slips. Just been running on pump gas and wastegate pressure, best pass last week was an 11.63@110mph. Let off at the 1000' and still broke out big time. Damn bracket racing.

Race gas spun the clutch. Guessing that was either due to the clutch wear, or aided in destroying it lol

Vids soon.

#419 ·
i dont think the clutch being like that is gonna cause shifting issues but u never know...
darins 4 puck is missing that much or more material and it shifts fine and still holds.

just seems like the pressure plate isnt letting go of the disc or its being pushed too much and the fingers are touching the hub.

#420 ·
Oh the shifting issue is fixed. Bad master cyl. But then tried adding more boost and all it did was slip. But on lower HP it ran great.

#422 ·
Naa. Crank was fine. I was driving the car a week after that happened. Locktite red is what i used when it came off. I just check it every 5 passes now.

#424 ·
green locktite works great if you never plan on taking it back off haha.
i lathered mine in red when i put it on. been down the track 6 or 7 times no issues.

and on another note my computer tried catching fire this morning while looking at this thread! some hot shit going on in here son..

Reactions: DougNuts
#425 ·
I'm curious to know how well/different it will shift with this new disc. That sintered iron is effing HEAVY. Yeah CG trans for atleast another week or so. I had it sold, the guy was going to pick it up today. But then i found the messed up disc, and called it off. I'd rather not sell a junk set up.

green locktite works great if you never plan on taking it back off haha.
i lathered mine in red when i put it on. been down the track 6 or 7 times no issues.

and on another note my computer tried catching fire this morning while looking at this thread! some hot shit going on in here son..
HAHAHA! Way to go!:biggrin:Lets not have any of that going down in here hahaha

Vids...

YouTube - ‪11paap's Channel‬‏
YouTube - ‪11paap's Channel‬‏

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.