Honda D Series Forum banner

Ditchin' the D for some K lovin'

4K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Del Solja 
#1 · (Edited)
So this may be the end of the road for my project-D, as at this point it will never see the potential that i built it for (see thread in sig). I just cant find the time to work on it, its been parked for 2 years (needs a clutch i suspect), the turbo kit is somewhat on, but the charge piping doesnt fit very well.

My daily driver CRX crapped out on me a couple weeks ago, only needed a wheel bearing and an axle, and a brake job, but that car has given me nothing but problems since i got her so i decided to just get something brand spanking new and not have to worry about issues that i do not have the time to deal with.

Soooooooo I sold the bitch and my DC2 Recaros and......I got me a K20!
2010 FA5 in Redline Orange Pearl

Been wanting one of these guys for a couple of years now, ever since i worked at a dealership, covers everything i want, reliable, practical, and damn fun to drive!

Shes dirty i know, winters blow. The lack of natural light and dirtiness does this color no justice! Its perty!

alas, as exciting as the new car is, it is also sad that i need to give up on my project :(

See less See more
#3 ·
hahaha thanks dude, i will be havin fun with her, even more when the snow is gone!

altho im giving up on the D im not selling the EF/ED entirely, still gonna keep the car itself and save it for something else but keeping it simple (b16 with a spoon ecu possibly??). it was my first real project car and I dont think I can ever sell it completely.

#13 ·
thats tight man lol

been rolling around in nothing but gutted hondas for 6 yrs i picked up the tl and its hella nice havin heated seats in the snow lol
Got a new Si nice k20 powa lol

Looks good.
love 4 door si's
thanks guys!

needs more boost
but your right that color looks sex when clean

foor door Si

nuf said, altough id got a dif. color
why dont u give me ur project?

damn right it does, actually i wanted taffeta white first, but my buddy (who used to be my office partner at the dealership) suggested i go for the orange. didnt like it at first but when you see it in person and its clean, damn! a CF hood would look hawt!

the orange is an Si ONLY color too, i see too many grandmas rollin with a white, black, or silver civic. theres a blue as well, but it looks worse than the old Fiji Blue that they discontinued.

Nice car! Those wheels almost looked photo-chopped...lol
haha didnt notice that prob due to the snow lol

nice car glad I don't have to make the payment sucks you couldn't finish your project
thanks, ya it does suck.....but payments are pretty manageable, because im on a lease right now, which is the only way i can afford a new car at this point. with the $1000 i got from my crx, i used it as a down payment and at $360/mth i think thats a bangin deal to drive an si, i priced out a regular middle line model civic (called the Sport in canada, LX-S in the US) and it was only $50 a month less.

aaand since im 26, my ins is only....get this $120/mth for full coverage lol

#5 ·
thats tight man lol

been rolling around in nothing but gutted hondas for 6 yrs i picked up the tl and its hella nice havin heated seats in the snow lol

Reactions: funkified
#7 ·
Nice car! Those wheels almost looked photo-chopped...lol

#10 · (Edited)
foor door Si

nuf said, altough id got a dif. color
why dont u give me ur project?

#11 ·
Looks good.

#15 ·
Nice 8th. Keep your project D man, There's a few of us on here who have 8ths and a project.

When i first got my 8th, i sold my old civic and missed the hell out of it until i bought a new one. Now i have both, and love it. I can drive whichever one i want to. I know right now youre feeling the excitement of the new car and think you'll be ok when you get rid of the old car, but it wont last long and you'll be wanting another civic again.

#21 ·
ya ill be keeping the car itself, but the turbo stuff and the motor will probably be going in favor of a simple swap setup that will still be quick, like a b16 with a spoon ecu! although i guess i could get another d-series.....ahh we'll see.

Canada has the Acura CSX which is a rebadged JDM civic. I'm pretty sure they dont have the type r.
that is correct! id love to do a type r front end swap. USDM is no match even with the HFP kit.

Nice buy. The FA5s are very nice.
thanks!
nice 8th gen!!! i dont mind my si but i kind of wish i had gotten a sedan rather than a coupe. just seems more practical for a dd..
you can have a project car and a nice car... ive got my hatch and my si
thats what i thought as well, ive been driving 2 doors and hatches since i got my license lol

#17 ·
doesnt canada also get Type-Rs. i know ive seen them on ebay motors in canada but i they were probly imported just like the hype-Rs here

#22 ·
dear funkified;

you sir made a wise decision. and i hate you for that, much like pata does.
thanks for shoving that sweet penile Si in our faces.

thank you very much.

eat shit and die. lol.

edd

Reactions: EJ1 SCRAPPIN
#25 ·
hahaha you guys crack me up

congrats is an order that bitch is dope/tits...l

lmao at pata n edd's comments....i feel you 2
arigato!

4 doors for more whores. that bitch is clean and I thought oh yeah another 2 door till i looked at the pics and was like hells yeah.

You should have drove down here and bought the blue Mugen addition we have in our showroom, we've already sold 2 others. They arent really anything special, just some small stuff and a larger price tag.

WISE CHOICE MY FRIEND LOOKS AMAZING
like is this the 08 mugen civic? or just a dealer dressed up Si? how much they go for?

#24 ·
4 doors for more whores. that bitch is clean and I thought oh yeah another 2 door till i looked at the pics and was like hells yeah.

You should have drove down here and bought the blue Mugen addition we have in our showroom, we've already sold 2 others. They arent really anything special, just some small stuff and a larger price tag.

WISE CHOICE MY FRIEND LOOKS AMAZING

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.