i just recieved a ticket in the mail - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Serious discussion/debate

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default i just recieved a ticket in the mail

so i woke up sunday morning and found a ticket in the mail for unauthorized transfer or us of registraiton. wtf is that shit. now i sold a truck to a guy about 7 months ago and i didint have the title on me so i said he just hold my civic plate ontill i get the title and well when i finaly got the title the guy was no where to be found. so i was like fuck it and got a new plate for my civic. now this shit comes back 7 months later. has anyone ever gotten a ticket like this. i mean its a 109 dollars.
Thy will eventually be done
As in USDM as on JDM
Save us from thieves
And deliver us from v8's
For the company, the VTEC, and the glory are all yours
From 1948 to forever. Amen
97Sc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 37 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

mail on a sunday??

after i couldnt have found him i would have canceled the old plate
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepy...11505538884521
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....

balllssssss. Yah, should/should have cancelled
Old 08-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!

when you sell a car, you call your dmv to tell them its sold and you no longer have the vehicle. either the same day you sell it or the next day.

What happened is the guy you sold the car to got pulled for something and he said it was YOUR vehicle and you let him borrow it. that way he doesnt get the ticket, you do. Depending on your local law enforcement agency, it should have been impounded/stored and you could possibly be getting a bill as well for the storage fees.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 Jomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regular

Did you give him a bill of sale with both party names and license number?
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

If you don't have a title, you don't sell a car. It's not a difficult concept.

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 cmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatness

not only that, but in most states it is illegal to sell a car unless you have the title in your possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
cmgogo for president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogdougynutty View Post
cmgogo for gov. of California
Yeah... i'm THAT awesome
cmgogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 jollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
when you sell a car, you call your dmv to tell them its sold and you no longer have the vehicle. either the same day you sell it or the next day.

What happened is the guy you sold the car to got pulled for something and he said it was YOUR vehicle and you let him borrow it. that way he doesnt get the ticket, you do. Depending on your local law enforcement agency, it should have been impounded/stored and you could possibly be getting a bill as well for the storage fees.
what? never heard that or EXPERIENCED that ever. when you borrow someones car you get the ticket not them. doesnt matter. hell i got pulled over last night actually borrowing my dad's gf's truck and she didnt have insurance in the truck so IM the one who got the ticket........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
I'd fuck that like she was the economy and I was obama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Grab her by the throat and fuck that bitch silly. If she tries to fight just whisper in her ear "don't turn this rape into a murder"
jollyroger494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 stiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgogo View Post
not only that, but in most states it is illegal to sell a car unless you have the title in your possession.
What if you have a loan out on the car and the bank has the title still... You can still sell the car...

434whp/332ftlbs D16Y8 GT3076R 27psi Meth Fed - 2010

2006 Nighthawk Black Pearl Acura TL
stiffdogg06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffdogg06 View Post
What if you have a loan out on the car and the bank has the title still... You can still sell the car...
but you cant give them the title to plate it until its paid off.... so they legally cant do anything with it until then

it doesnt sound like anything you can fight.. from what it sounds like is you plated the same vehicle twice... i dont know much about the laws but im assuming from the ticket you got that it is illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TING View Post
jimmy runs this bitch
jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffdogg06 View Post
No actually you can't, unless you have the buyer go to the bank to pay off the remainder of the loan.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....

Here in PA if you never signed the title over, you didnt sell the car.
Without doing it at the notary the transaction never happened in the states eyes.

And if the bank had a lien on it your super fucked. As you didnt have the ability to even sell it as it wasnt technically yours.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

the guy told me he was using the truck for parts. and well i told him that i wasnt getting the title for a few days and he was like well i need the parts for it now. and i was like i realy dont feel all right selling it for that fucking reason well the guy gave me a extra 150 to take it that day and i was cool with it. but i guess u guys are right i just didnt think it past that money and well i called the cop and left a message. but im not paying that fucking ticket. because i have stacked up alot of tickets doing stupid shit and well all them tickets i know why i got them. but i havent gotten a ticket in a year and half. and well i had no idea that they could send me a ticket in the mail.
As in USDM as on JDM
Save us from thieves
And deliver us from v8's
Old 08-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....

I learned the hard way aswell. Heres some PA fuckery. I sold a kid my hatch. It took 30 days for me to get the title in the mail to transfer it to his name. In the meantime hes rolling around with my plate on the car...

Guess what. The guy decided it was ok to park in the city and not pay to park so tickets came in my name.
Long story short. I had to pay them. I didnt think it was right but legally i had no way to prove my way out of it.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

yea i feel u but i hope the fucking impound the truck because im just pissed the fuck off and i dont want anything to do with it. and i hopeing i dont have to see this dick head when i go court.
As in USDM as on JDM
Save us from thieves
And deliver us from v8's
Old 08-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 6 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all

You have to write a bill of sale for the vehical. You shouldn't have given him any plates. Especially if he was supposed to be using it for parts. If he didn't have plates on the truck he couldn't have said you let him burrow it or anything like that. Also if he didn't have plates he would have had to show them a bill of sale to show ownership. Sounds like you got screwed, although he did give you an extra $150 to cover that $109 ticket. What a considerate guy.
crxdonwon is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 38 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

So lets get this straight.

Dude bought your old truck.
you had no title.
dude gives you $150 extra to take it that day
you agree and because you didn't have the title to truck, you give him your civic's license plate?

this ticket you got is for unauthorized transfer of some sort from that truck with your civic's license plate???
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

yup thats it.
As in USDM as on JDM
Save us from thieves
And deliver us from v8's
Old 08-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 38 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Sc View Post
yup thats it.
Can you mail me your other license plate? I have something I need to handle next week...
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Sc View Post
the guy told me he was using the truck for parts. and well i told him that i wasnt getting the title for a few days and he was like well i need the parts for it now. and i was like i realy dont feel all right selling it for that fucking reason well the guy gave me a extra 150 to take it that day and i was cool with it. but i guess u guys are right i just didnt think it past that money and well i called the cop and left a message. but im not paying that fucking ticket. because i have stacked up alot of tickets doing stupid shit and well all them tickets i know why i got them. but i havent gotten a ticket in a year and half. and well i had no idea that they could send me a ticket in the mail.
You should have wrote a bill of sale with the agreement that the sale was for parts. Make 2 copies and have him sign both, one for you and one for him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification