Headlight Color LAW!! **MUST READ** - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » Serious discussion/debate

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 GOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like Borat
Default Headlight Color LAW!! **MUST READ**

So i know some guys/girls on here like to run yellow lights instead of the white

Well i got pulled over for this and did some research and this is what ive found.

THIS WAS TAKEN FROM CA.DMV.GOV site

LINK --> V.C. Section 25950 - Color of Lamps and Reflectors

CODE: 25950. This section applies to the color of lamps and to any reflector exhibiting or reflecting perceptible light of 0.05 candela or more per foot-candle of incident illumination. Unless provided otherwise, the color of lamps and reflectors upon a vehicle shall be as follows:

(a) The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from all reflectors, visible from in front of a vehicle, shall be white or yellow, except as follows:

(1) Rear side marker lamps required by Section 25100 may show red to the front.

(2) The color of foglamps described in Section 24403 may be in the color spectrum from white to yellow.

(3) An illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall emit radiation predominantly in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum. Any incidental visible light projecting to the front of the vehicle shall be predominantly yellow to white. Any incidental visible light projecting to the rear of the vehicle shall be predominantly red. Any incidental visible light from an illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall not resemble any other required or permitted lighting device or official traffic control device.

AND THIS WAS TAKEN FROM CHP WEBSITE!

LINK --> CHP - Asia Pacific Islander Outreach

Blue and yellow headlights. Headlights must be white - blue and yellow are illegal (24011 VC). Look for the DOT symbol on the bulb and package.

•Headlights brighter or higher wattage than those from the factory. You may be able to see better, but the lights are illegal (24011 VC).
•Tail lights other than red (24600 VC).
•Illegal brake lights. Brake lights on vehicles newer than 1979 must be red (24603 VC). (Vehicles older than 1979 may be red or yellow.)
•Lack of rear reflectors. Two red reflectors are required on the rear of cars and trucks (24607 VC).
•Incorrect color of turn signal. It must be white or yellow to the front, red or yellow to the rear (24953 VC).
•Red lights to the front. They are illegal except on emergency vehicles (24003 VC).
•Tail lights that incorporate a bulb with a red tint or coating. In general, custom tail lights that incorporate a clear outer shell and red inner lens are legal (24011 VC). If they don't incorporate reflectors, they must be added to the vehicle (24607 VC).
•Tail lights that are too dim, washed out or show yellow, white or other colors (24600 VC).
•Illegal color of side marker lights. If present, must be yellow in the front and red in the rear (25106, 24003 VC).
•Driving with just parking lights on (24800 VC). Vehicles that have factory-installed automatic daytime running lights must meet federal requirements and are legal.
•Illegal decorative lights (24003 VC). All flashing decorative lights are illegal (25250 VC).
•Illegal windshield washer nozzle lights. Only white or yellow are allowed. (25106 VC, 24003 VC).

__________________________________________________ ___________

So after speaking to Sac Town CHP he said my lights are legal to have and after speaking to the dmv.gov they also stated im in the right because both laws are over writing themselves..

Hope this helps someone!

Pata Asking a question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
Inside your Throttle Body, it's shut tight correct?
Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicridin View Post
yes sir, as tight as the skin on a frogs ass
Classic!
GOOSEej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 38 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

which is the reason why I didn't buy yellow ones lol

But there's so many fuckers around here with that, police haz better things to worry about then give citations for them. Some are Bright ass Fawk too
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 GOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like BoratGOOSEej smells like Borat

Quote:
which is the reason why I didn't buy yellow ones lol

But there's so many fuckers around here with that, police haz better things to worry about then give citations for them. Some are Bright ass Fawk too
just print this out and show it to them..

to be honest ive never gotten any hassle for them until this old ass cop pulls me..

Pata Asking a question
Quote:
Inside your Throttle Body, it's shut tight correct?
Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicridin View Post
yes sir, as tight as the skin on a frogs ass
Classic!
GOOSEej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 14 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!

Theres alot of em? damn around here i'm the only person i've ever seen with yellow lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted91 View Post
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrain T.
If it's not a Honda, Its a Nissan
Dmod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 50 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Just one more reason to Less than 3 my small town in Alabama.

If you are told to search, CLICK HERE!!!

Have you checked Teefury today?

About me

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 33 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Just one more reason to Less than 3 my small town in Alabama.
hehe, same here I want 3k HID next
Old 06-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 35 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

interesting read.

i just purchased a ddm 5000K kit. pure white!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddcartes View Post
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 33 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

ddm is the shit son
Old 06-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!

I rock stock lights, they are yellow from age
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Interesting, I just looked through the Revised Code of Washington, and there is NO explanation whatsoever about what color headlights are legal.

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 ar151666 is learning the way of the Dar151666 is learning the way of the D

Here in SD, everybody has blue HID's, not one has been stopped by a cop yet...for their lights at least...
Old 06-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Deal with it...

Rep Power: 35 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You see alot of blue HID's because the kids buying them up, think the higher the number the brighter they are. 6500 is borderline white/blue tint. The higher up you go, the more blue they get. 6500k looks "brighter" at night than a 10k fyi. The 10k have a very blue tint to them. Just thought I'd toss that out there.
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9832/hatchburn.jpg
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I'm partial to the 4300, white

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 9 mattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow upmattliston is about to blow up

I hate yellow lights. JDM look or not, it looks cheap and crappy.

pure white, or white with a blue tint, or full blue with a hint of purple.

HID wannabe look FTW without the blinding effect of real HIDs in those colors

lol

2013 Fit MT
FUCK SKUNK2
D compression?
http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

why swap? build what you have!

Tune your setup
Turboedit -OBD0
Crome/Neptune/Hondata/ECtune -OBD1
mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky

I have 6ks (or had.. they both blew out on me). I got flashed by a cop once. Never pulled over.

JosA's D15B Buildup <---

DownStar Inc <--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 28 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

8K lows, 3K high's here

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 17 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!

I used to roll around with yellow headlights...kept getting hassled for it so I just went back to white. So over all. You can have anything yellow...just below your headlights, which just ends up being the foglights. UNLESS your headlights are built with foglights with them such as some Lexus and the jdm itr front end and so forth.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Location: an imaginary place where chrome rims don't exist. Oh! Tennessee.
Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano

Man, things sure are strict out there.

You wouldn't get pulled over for yellow or blue headlights here.

I've had blue turn signals in my cars for 5 years now.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

CA is gey!!!
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Stroke it!

Staypuff578 Still a JDM Star....Staypuff578 Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by immajackuup View Post
CA is gey!!!
And Texas is full of steers and queers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheasekhatch View Post
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Devious_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification