Not open for further replies.

Nor*Cal Chat Thread

219K views 9K replies 94 participants last post by  krychek57 
#1 · (Edited)
CANCELED

Date: June 18

current meet info as of 6/07/2011

#8,773 ·
I finally read like 8-10 pages to catch up...

haha...typical, all good! As long as its running, passed smog and you're happy all that matters.

Don't worry Sammo, I plan to stick around for a minute, I'm actually mellowing out a bit in my old age...I like to think that Ronnel will vouch for me, I do a fair job of handling a car, definitely not a noob behind the wheel at any rate...just a noob to Honda lol...:biggrin:
Ahhh yesss...From a standing start this guy can still get away from me! i can hold my own and still have all my old track time slips of being in the top 3 every time to prove myself on the grid. I still lack the funds to actually do it on a real track in my own car though...
We do need to have one of these mini meets out at the Karts!!! Someday...

#8,684 ·
Cool, I'll have to roll up there and check it out after I get settled in. Do they still do the annual "Graffiti Night" event on McHenry? I remember back in high school (in the 80's, yeah, I'm old) there used to be a cruise every Friday and Saturday night...

#8,685 ·
Those pics are from the Graffiti parade this year. I had my 914 in the show.

They do a couple of parade laps downtown in a closed off section and have about 20 motorcycle cops paroling to make sure no one does burnouts or anything (people and kids are lined in the streets, and lots of people throw out candy, my fiance did :) )

Lots of people still cruise mchenry (the thing to do is do one lap up and down mchenry then cruise on over to in and out).

Lemme see if I have some more shots of my car from the show..

#8,688 ·
Sad thing is this is reserved for cars 1978 and older..

Modesto has a good car background so we get lucky sometimes..

There was a "builders car show" a couple years back that my friend entered his EG si hatch into and won in his division, but there really isnt much tailored to the import crowd here.. Sadly because there are some really nice cars here, and they typically just come out for the illegal drags or for the drags at Sacramento..

(Sidenote, i've never been to the illegal drags, just heard of them..)

#8,687 ·
The show is typically every first weekend after the junior college gets out for summer. Its run now by the Modesto Kiwanis club (old farts) and there is typically a calendar of events (a whole month is dedicated to it and related events) on the modesto chamber of commerce.
Modesto Convention & Visitors Bureau : Special Events : Graffiti Modesto
Check out "graffiti summer" on the special events on the right.

#8,689 ·
Illegal drags used to be on Finch Rd out by the warehouses...again, back in the 80's when I used to live here lol, not sure if/where they do it now. My mostly stock DX isn't much of a race car but I'd roll out and spectate once in awhile if I knew where and when...

#8,697 ·
Your lucky! It took me 7 times to pass the smog in my CRX. I went and replaced everything and it still barely passed... The rings were shot and the valve guide seals were crap. My issue was HC's at low speed. (Brand new PCV, Cat, Oil, Super hot exhaust, ect ect.. I even bought header wrap to wrap my header if I didnt pass the last time.. )

Ugh.. Worst experience ever..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.