2018 Honda Civic Type R Prototype Offers First Look at US-Bound Model - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ News

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 2018 Honda Civic Type R Prototype Offers First Look at US-Bound Model

Quote:
The new Civic Type R is getting closer to launching in North America and Honda is teasing us once again with a new prototype.

This fresh prototype debuted alongside the new Honda Civic Hatchback at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. This is likely very close to the version that will come to the United States next year as a 2018 modelyear vehicle.

As can be expected, a body kit makes the new Civic Type R look plenty aggressive with larger fenders and air intakes. A large rear wing, a carbon fiber diffuser, and three-port centrally mounted exhaustsetup can be found out back.

Honda didnít offer any specifics on the powertrain, though itís already known that the car will use a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. In the current Type R, this motor makes 306 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque, numbers that are expected to be improved upon before the next Type R launches.

A six-speed manual and front-wheel drive are surely going to come standard with this car, while its brakes, steering, suspension, and tires will all be upgraded compared to the normal variant. This prototype sports bright red Brembos, which many are hoping will carry over to the production model.

The satin paint wonít make it to the production car, but North Americans will be able to buy this Type R before Europeans.

Read more about the 2018 Honda Civic Type R Prototype Offers First Look at US-Bound Model at AutoGuide.com.
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2016, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 46 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

What kind of $$$ we talking...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

probably 35k-40k
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 22 Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

I think the consensus is that it will be around $35k. Doubt it will be much more than that given that the 305HP AWD STI starts at $35k

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
I think the consensus is that it will be around $35k. Doubt it will be much more than that given that the 305HP AWD STI starts at $35k
It will depend on the pound to dollar exchange rate to if the pound drops much farther it could cost >$40k.

Keep in mind this built in Swindon, England

I'm saving as much as I can, I am buying one of these.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
It will depend on the pound to dollar exchange rate to if the pound drops much farther it could cost >$40k.

Keep in mind this built in Swindon, England

I'm saving as much as I can, I am buying one of these.
Honda's a global company though, they're usually hedged pretty well on production costs.

not to mention, the brakes, transmission, wheels, tires, engine, shocks/springs, interior and probably the seats won't be coming from england anyway
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, Pioneer DEH-X8700BS, PPI i640.5, Infinity 1262w, Alpine Type-S
shoebox_civic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
It will depend on the pound to dollar exchange rate to if the pound drops much farther it could cost >$40k
That's not usually how it works. Poor exchange rates affect the profitability of the business and don't typically affect the price of the product in a separate market.

If that were the case, Honda wouldn't be able to sell vehicles in other markets. The competitive market drives the regional costs far more than currency exchange rates

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-05-2016, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

Looks neat, that price tag is going to be a real problem though. Its up there with evo's sti's mustang's camaro's and challengers price tags.

If that was 10k less, it would be a slam dunk.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post

If that was 10k less, it would be a slam dunk.
Well sure, everyone wants a 300HP car for $25k but that's not realistic.

$25k would be a civic si or Toyota 86

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Well sure, everyone wants a 300HP car for $25k but that's not realistic.

$25k would be a civic si or Toyota 86
mazdaspeed 3 was going for 26k brand new with a manual six speed and 300hp.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.