2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives in US with $20,535 Price Tag - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org News

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives in US with $20,535 Price Tag

Quote:
The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback will arrive showrooms in the U.S. starting next Monday.

With a starting price of $20,535 including destination, the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX model comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission paired to a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 174 horsepower and 167 pound-feet of torque. Available for an additional $800 is a CVT that reduces torque to 162 lb-ft. The Sport model get a slight power boost with 180 hp and 177 lb-ft of torque with the manual, while the CVT keeps its 162 lb-ft of torque.

The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport model starts from $22,135 while the EX model has a $23,635 price tag. Pricing for the Sport Touring trim will be announced at a later date, but it will only be available with a CVT. Upgrading to the EX-L Navi model with a CVT will run $26,135.

The Civic Hatchback LX model with a manual transmission will return 30 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway, while the LX equipped with a CVT gets 31 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway. The Sport CVT model sees a slight reduction in fuel economy to 30 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway.

The 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback will make its public debut at the 2016 Paris Motor Show next week.
Read more about the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives in US with $20,535 Price Tag at AutoGuide.com.
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2016, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 EFB055 is learning the way of the DEFB055 is learning the way of the D

Looks the goods from the front.

Styling falls apart at the back.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 45 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 41 reviews

Overweight slow ugly piece of shit. The front end looks like a bloated wrx wanna be. For 20k just to start I'd buy a used evo every single time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 23 Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
Overweight slow ugly piece of shit. The front end looks like a bloated wrx wanna be. For 20k just to start I'd buy a used evo every single time.
Honda must be kicking themselves for losing your business

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2016, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 45 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I'm sure they're terribly worried. I just don't understand why they're aiming to be the bottom of the barrel these days. Too focused on "aggressive" looks and putting out mediocre performance. 30mpg really?

Last edited by Chrisfrom1986; 09-25-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

there never going to please everyone
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 EFB055 is learning the way of the DEFB055 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
I'm sure they're terribly worried. I just don't understand why they're aiming to be the bottom of the barrel these days. Too focused on "aggressive" looks and putting out mediocre performance. 30mpg really?
My partner bought the sedan and sits in traffic all day and has averaged 34mpg. It's no diesel VW, but it's acceptable. Plus the turbo motor is nice, and the car feels really solid on the road. One of the top small cars on the market IMO, and hardly the bottom of the barrel.

Surely America has some locally built shitbox that would be loitering around the bottom of the barrel?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i find it hard to justify the extra price tag, in my opinion your better off with a ford fiesta rs. Face it, honda is 20 years late to the turbo game which is ironic considering how many turbo hondas there have been, and continue to be.

The real redeeming factor will be how well it takes to modifications. If the aftermarket falls on its face like it did with the crz, its doomed before it hits the streets. However, if this new engine turns out be as stout as a k20 stock, you might be looking at a whole new wave of budget honda tuners.

And as far as the styling goes, in my opinion honda lost its sense of style past 2003, this is the adding insult to injury.

Last edited by cervan; 09-26-2016 at 06:28 PM.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't wait for my test drive.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-hatchback/

Last edited by krychek57; 09-27-2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Not sarcasm, opinions are like assholes ;)
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 15 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Soo it gets the same MPG's as a 91 ed civic si. But ill bet its no were near as fun to drive. Hard to believe over the last 25 years they get the same mpg, problem is the better the motors get the more shit they pack into/onto the car.

They should remake the ed civic and just put a b18c1 in it. Im sure it would get better mpg then any non hybrid honda and be more fun to drive then any honda ever build other then the nsx.

d17y8 custom ITB's, NA HP build

homemade small IC engine

homemade alu rods pistons
Evanguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 33 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Dont like hondas styling except 2dr accord, this lacks power.. but then again, civic was always an econo-box.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
Soo it gets the same MPG's as a 91 ed civic si. But ill bet its no were near as fun to drive. Hard to believe over the last 25 years they get the same mpg, problem is the better the motors get the more shit they pack into/onto the car.

They should remake the ed civic and just put a b18c1 in it. Im sure it would get better mpg then any non hybrid honda and be more fun to drive then any honda ever build other then the nsx.
I bet it would suck less to get in a wreck in this one though.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold!

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 15 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

^^ yes that may be so, but then again i dont ever remember hearing older civics were death traps. There has been thousands of them crashed and smashed over the last 25 years. I had a 91 cx that was wrote off by a jeep liberty. The liberty left on a flat bed. I drove the civic until insurance adjusters came and cut me a check for it. It didnt like traffic after the crash the top of the rad was missing lol.
also no air bag pounded me in the face or ruined my windshield.

d17y8 custom ITB's, NA HP build

homemade small IC engine

homemade alu rods pistons
Evanguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't wait for my test drive.

Civic Hatchback ? All New for 2017 | Honda

Oh look, a fwd impreza with half the power.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
^^ yes that may be so, but then again i dont ever remember hearing older civics were death traps.
You don't even have to see crash test videos to know that a 2200lb civic isn't going to be as safe as a 3000lb civic.

Granted, the last one is an accord but I wouldn't imagine a civic of that MY would do any better

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 09-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
^... but then again i dont ever remember hearing older civics were death traps....
Noone lives to tell the tale... :P
Old 09-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I was excited for this, but I can't get android auto with a stick?

I guess I'll have to wait for the Si :\
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, Pioneer DEH-X8700BS, PPI i640.5, Infinity 1262w, Alpine Type-S
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 07:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Annnnnnd the CTR:

The glorious return of the Civic Type R - Autoblog

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 09-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Asshole

Calm down Pat, it's still just a prototype.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Willing to bet the production model is pretty damn similar

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.