HP gain from A/C? delete - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Naturally Aspirated

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2004, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
jclanza

Default HP gain from A/C? delete

guys I have a 91 Civic HB with 1.5L d15b2 how much do i stand to recoup in hp from losing the a/c and not having the engine drive that belt anymore???

just curious

-Juan
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2004, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclanza
guys I have a 91 Civic HB with 1.5L d15b2 how much do i stand to recoup in hp from losing the a/c and not having the engine drive that belt anymore???

just curious

-Juan
lol 1hp
d15b2 racer lol
gezzuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 11 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all

the gains are from losing the weight. the only time you really lose hp from A/C is when it's on.
gftgrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
delsolja

every 100lbs you lose you take .1 sec of your 1.4 mile time, assuming you dont upgrade anything, and the weight you take off dont sacrifice performance
Old 05-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
punkindrublic

i took mine out of my 5th gen... just about 45lbs savings
Old 05-18-2004, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
calboi510

you gain probably more than 1hp...not much though...and yea, when the a/c is on, you lose hp...but by taking it off...you dont gain new hp...you "release" it

put it this way...is it worth the summer heat? (not for me...it reaches over 100 degrees over here regularly during summer...)
Old 05-18-2004, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

just roll the window down and KEEP MOVING
Old 05-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
punkindrublic

well i live in canada eh? so while it'll get 35+ a few days... its usually nice out so its not a big deal... its been weird lately cause when i leave for work at 6 am i've been leaving in a t shirt...
Old 05-18-2004, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
is a douche bag

i noticed a lot more from removing the p/s belt than i did from removing the complete a/c system.
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2004, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
jclanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezzuzz
lol 1hp
d15b2 racer lol
its an autox car, so dont laugh so hard, since i have beaten several of the noobie in their type r integra's I was just curious as to the free HP i am doing the weight redux to better the handling, and as for the heat, its an autox only car, so i don't care....

-Juan
Old 05-18-2004, 10:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect

Remove the Aircon belt, remove the Power Steering Belt, remove both units and their components brackets, get a lightened 1 rung pulley for the alternator and you have just freed up about 10 hp plus rev-ability, and less weight.

If its an autoX car, have you taken out all the seats (except the drivers of course) because you can save a heap of weight here.

mugen無限power
Photonic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2004, 03:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 72 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsolja
every 100lbs you lose you take .1 sec of your 1.4 mile time, assuming you dont upgrade anything, and the weight you take off dont sacrifice performance
that number might work for a 3000+ lb/1400kg car, but for our lighter cars 60 lbs/27 kg = .1 second faster, until you get into the 12's, which I've yet to so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2004, 04:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
jclanza

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonic_Si
Remove the Aircon belt, remove the Power Steering Belt, remove both units and their components brackets, get a lightened 1 rung pulley for the alternator and you have just freed up about 10 hp plus rev-ability, and less weight.

If its an autoX car, have you taken out all the seats (except the drivers of course) because you can save a heap of weight here.
Well I am Removing the A/C system completely compressor, condensor, evaporator, etc...My car does not have PS so thats done already, as to the alternator pulley where does one acquire one of those????
Also since I am in STS i can't gut the seats, (but if i ever more to SM definately)
Thanks for the suggestions I appreciate it

-Juan

Last edited by jclanza; 05-19-2004 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
silvermugen

Just for fun has anyone EVER tried doing a quarter mile with there A/C on LOL.

I just curius to how much you lose in terms of time. at least you'll be cool lol
Old 05-31-2004, 12:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
egOt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclanza
its an autox car, so dont laugh so hard, since i have beaten several of the noobie in their type r integra's I was just curious as to the free HP i am doing the weight redux to better the handling, and as for the heat, its an autox only car, so i don't care....

-Juan
haha yea...my friend with his d15b2 gets owned on the straight line but spanks the shit out of gsr's and b-series cars in the canyon.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Honda A/C sucks any way. loose it and you'll loose about 30 lbs.
Hankish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2004, 02:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

AC is nice in winter time when your windows fog, i dont know why but hot "conditioned" air still gets rid of the fog.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermugen
Just for fun has anyone EVER tried doing a quarter mile with there A/C on LOL.

I just curius to how much you lose in terms of time. at least you'll be cool lol
Umm, my first time to the 1/8 mile I left it on. Cruised up there with it on, and forgot about it in the midst of everything else.
After 2 11+ sec runs I was very confused (ZC + I/H/E). Before the third I noticed that it cool in the car, and saw the tell tale light. Needless to say the runs dropped to around 10.6 immediately, and down to 10.1 after getting a little used to launching on the track.
SOHC ZC I/H/E now

94 Civic coupe EX
Stock

91 CRX DX - Wrecked
bgladfelter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification