Water/Meth kit for n/a - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Naturally Aspirated

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 16 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Default Water/Meth kit for n/a

been doing a lot of research on this wondering if it would benefit us in anyway. being from cali our highest octane rating is 91. at 91 octane with a great tune it can support high compressions in the range of 12:1-12:5 from what i seen. that's not bad but what if we could run say something like 13:1 or higher on something like 87 or 89 on the street with more timing without any pinging. of course you can run race fuel at the track yada yada. but my point is saving money on gas by using lower octane, running high compression ratio's, more timing, and lower temp's.

now i do realize that water/meth kits are being used mostly on boosted set-up and it might not really do much in a n/a app. but the concept makes sense just wondering why no one has tried it on a n/a D. from doing some research seems mostly n/a v8 guys have actually been trying this with benefits. it might be a waste of money but i just want to hear some constructive criticism.

Benefits of Water Alcohol/Methanol Injection on NA application:

Lower air charge temperatures by 30-40 degree's
Reduces cylinder temperatures by 200+ degrees
Increase your 87-93 pump gas by 10-15+ points
Allows the use of lower grades fuels
Allows you to safely run more timing
Cools and protects the tops of your pistons
Longer more stable combustion expansion and progression
Removes carbon build up from combustion chambers, pistons and valves
Reduces & helps eliminate damaging engine detonation & pre-ignition
No need for expensive racing fuel or additives

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2

Last edited by greasemonkey89; 06-28-2009 at 04:16 PM.
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 16 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!

and yes i know overall meth injection has been used for years its nothing new.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!

It could work, just have to see with the dyno results. We wont see near the gains as a FI setup, but there will be gains.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
It could work, just have to see with the dyno results. We wont see near the gains as a FI setup, but there will be gains.
FI would benefit the most from this with bigger power gains for a water/meth kit i know. i would love to run even 12:1 on 87 or even higher compression on pump gas. add some nitrous lol

i already did my research of this with nitrous which i plan on doing as well. really its the reason im asking about it for all motor lol.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

I would like to how the benefits of water and meth on a n/a car as well

Do It Yourself Water Alcohol Methanol Injection

there's a good link but it talks about turbo cars.
Polish-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano

Do you have E85 around you? If so, would that be an option for you?

If you're looking to cool the charge, upstream injectors might help too.

I dunno, I just think of water/meth injection as a band-aid fix. I would just run lower compression in the first place. You're gaining less than 1% when you go from 12.5:1 to 13:1.
ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

If only they sold e85 in CT!
Polish-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd4114 View Post
Do you have E85 around you? If so, would that be an option for you?

If you're looking to cool the charge, upstream injectors might help too.

I dunno, I just think of water/meth injection as a band-aid fix. I would just run lower compression in the first place. You're gaining less than 1% when you go from 12.5:1 to 13:1.
as far as i know only like 8 e85 pump in all of California none which are close to me . how the meth alone would up the octane rating anywhere from 10 to 15 points. stopping detonation and pinging and letting me advance timing safely while running shitty low pump gas for the cheap. then again who needs to drive 12:5.1 compression daily lol. the cooler iat's would be helpful but im not looking at cooling as much as the benefits of running more timing and low octane pump fuel with high compression.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

of course this all looks great on paper from all these companies selling these kits online. but the only people benefiting from it n/a wise is the v8 guys plus they throw in a bit of nitrous also.

i mean i can see how it can be looked at as a band aid fix but the same can be said to the boosted guys that use it. it works the same way for them as it can work for us just they make a ton more power than we would trying this out. im not looking to make gobs of power just looking to save gas and reap some of the benefits water/meth offers.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

im not sure, as im not talking from experience...but wouldnt the water/meth injected to a motor as small as a d-series, being N/A, likely foul out the spark?
lemon_juice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 74 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

displaces needed oxygen......

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 the_abuse will become famous soon enoughthe_abuse will become famous soon enoughthe_abuse will become famous soon enough

im going with a water meth set up on my car once the motor is in and worked in

water meth = poor mans NOS
the_abuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 03:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_abuse View Post
water meth = poor mans NOS
umm, no

I don't see useing it for a daily driver. Track vehicle, yes.
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Formerly weebeastie

Rep Power: 8 Soul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regularSoul Engineering is obviously a regular
Default Hmm

With no added air to the equation, your engine will stumble until higher RPM's when manifold vacuum peaks. Ask me how I know this........

Meth/Water injection coupled with a High compression engine works great with a 75 wet shot of Nitrous. But N/A won't see any benefit unless its only used at the track and RPM's never fall below 5k.

been there, tried it....
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification