What is this? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else n00b Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 06:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What is this?

I've seen this twice on my dipstick now, is it a possible leak in the head gasket or what?

Last edited by slo_eg8; 05-18-2017 at 11:45 AM.
bobbyroylee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 07:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 SteveCity is learning the way of the DSteveCity is learning the way of the D

Check your oil cap, is there white stuff in there too?
SteveCity is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

when was the last time you changed your oil? more of an answer there
y7 transmission
ls meshies, oem wing, blacked out tails with h.i.d head lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Those pictures came up so big on my screen that all I could make sense of was some nicely focused gravel and a shoe.

You write that you've seen it twice. Has it been OK between those two events?
If so, and if there's been a long period without using the engine in between, it's possible that there's some condensation. As SteveCity says, check your cap. And as Slo intimates, an oil change might be the answer.

What does your coolant look like?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 28 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

asks about head gasket, doesnt mention coolant level at all.......

1997 Civic DX coupe ATX
1995 Accord DX sedan MTX edging 300k miles

Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

why swap? build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCity View Post
Check your oil cap, is there white stuff in there too?
Naw

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
when was the last time you changed your oil? more of an answer there
800 miles ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Those pictures came up so big on my screen that all I could make sense of was some nicely focused gravel and a shoe.

You write that you've seen it twice. Has it been OK between those two events?
If so, and if there's been a long period without using the engine in between, it's possible that there's some condensation. As SteveCity says, check your cap. And as Slo intimates, an oil change might be the answer.

What does your coolant look like?
Thanks, that's a samsung galaxy s7. lol

It's my daily. I haven't noticed any difference in performance. Coolant is normal level and color. 800 miles old oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
asks about head gasket, doesnt mention coolant level at all.......
Because I didn't notice any difference in it. I looked around.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Someone told me it was probably from not letting it warm up, then shutting it off soon after. I think he might be right because I've been running late the past couple days to work and I'm low on gas so I haven't been driving it other than too and from work. Start it up > wait like 30 seconds > gooooooo because i'd be late otherwise > get there > shut it off.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Why do you wait 30 seconds?

If it's to warm it up before 'gooooooo', it's nowhere near enough. I wouldn't hammer a car until it's done at least five miles.

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 28 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

the coolant warms up fast. the engine still needs a good 30+ minutes of normal operation to be fully warmed up.

when I worked at a shop, I always told my customers with moisture in the oil to drive the car 40-50 miles once a week if they are less than 20 minutes from work .

I asked coolant level because if it remains unchanged, its at least not leaking or eating coolant (yay!)

1997 Civic DX coupe ATX
1995 Accord DX sedan MTX edging 300k miles

Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

why swap? build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.