Need help with my engine pls check it - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else n00b Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 02:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Need help with my engine pls check it

Need help with my engine i dont know what engine is this its a single vtec engine. can anybody help me identifying my engine pls, thanks! Its a d15b engine i dont know the rest they just said its a d15b engine straight po8 1st pic ecu 2nd pic throttle body 3rd pic engine block 4th pic head i want to know the specs HP of this engine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0191_1487329386985.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	869.7 KB
ID:	117753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190_1487329415758.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	564.8 KB
ID:	117761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186_1487329462278.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	577.4 KB
ID:	117769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184_1487329504971.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	774.3 KB
ID:	117777  
Samboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 20 jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....
jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....jvtec8k Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

PO8 = D15B ECU

Honda ECU Identification

D15B Specs

Official JDM d15b specs

PO8 intake stamp =z6 or jdm d15b vtec

I noticed the S20 transmission stamp = D16z6/D15b trans.

You're welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

15.3 89mph 2011 D16z6 CAI
13.8 102mph 2012 Stock Z6
11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85

Insta: jvtec8k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 1 Jfab is learning the way of the DJfab is learning the way of the D

Exactly what I noticed as well. You beat me to it.
Jfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 102 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

S20 = any 5 speed 92-95 transmission

JDM specs assumes VTEC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Yes my engine is d15b straight po8 so this engine has 20 cam lobes? Is it 130hp the one that all jdm wants im a right? Im newbie hehe sorry bout that

What can you guys say about my engine is it a good enough or i need to mods my engine to make it a bit stronger? Why my valve cover is like that vtec - e? Is my engine a d15b vtec? Do my engine have po8 head?

Ty a lot

Can you help me to identify my engines head what kind of head it is ty.. if it is a jdm po8 head or vtec e head
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0194_1487499888830.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	117785  

Last edited by slo_eg8; 02-19-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

google is your friend

vtec and vtecE - Honda-Tech

The earliest VTEC-E implementation is a variation of SOHC VTEC which is used to increase combustion efficiency at low RPM while maintaining the mid range performance of non-vtec engines. VTEC-E is the first version of VTEC to employ the use of roller rocker arms and because of that, it forgoes the need for having 3 intake lobes for actuating the two valves—two lobes for non-VTEC operation(one small and one medium-sized lobe) and one lobe for VTEC operation(the biggest lobe). Instead, there are two different intake cam profiles per cylinder—a very mild cam lobe with little lift and a normal cam lobe with moderate lift. Because of this, at low RPM, when VTEC is not engaged, one of the two intake valves is allowed to open only a very small amount due to the mild cam lobe, forcing most of the intake charge through the other open intake valve with the normal cam lobe. This induces swirl of the intake charge which improves air/fuel atomization in the cylinder and allows for a leaner fuel mixture to be used. As the engine's speed and load increase, both valves are needed to supply a sufficient mixture. When engaging VTEC mode, a pre-defined threshold for MPH (must be moving), RPM and load must be met before the computer actuates a solenoid which directs pressurized oil into a sliding pin, just like with the original VTEC. This sliding pin connects the intake rocker arm followers together so that now, both intake valves are now following the "normal" camshaft lobe instead of just one of them. When in VTEC, since the "normal" cam lobe has the same timing and lift as the intake cam lobes of the SOHC non-VTEC engines, both engines have identical performance in the upper powerband assuming everything else is the same.

With the later VTEC-E implementations, the only difference it has with the earlier VTEC-E is that the second "normal" cam profile has been replaced with a "wild" cam profile which is identical to the original VTEC "wild" cam profile. This in essence supersedes VTEC and the earlier VTEC-E implementations since the fuel and low RPM torque benefits of the earlier VTEC-E are combined with the high performance of the original VTEC

VTEC
y7 transmission
ls meshies, oem wing, blacked out tails with h.i.d head lights

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I dont know how to identify my engine i want to know how to check my enginw if it is a jdm d15b or the other one d15b vtec e.. how can i check my engine to make sure that my engine is a jdm d15b?
Old 02-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
google is your friend

vtec and vtecE - Honda-Tech

The earliest VTEC-E implementation is a variation of SOHC VTEC which is used to increase combustion efficiency at low RPM while maintaining the mid range performance of non-vtec engines. VTEC-E is the first version of VTEC to employ the use of roller rocker arms and because of that, it forgoes the need for having 3 intake lobes for actuating the two valves—two lobes for non-VTEC operation(one small and one medium-sized lobe) and one lobe for VTEC operation(the biggest lobe). Instead, there are two different intake cam profiles per cylinder—a very mild cam lobe with little lift and a normal cam lobe with moderate lift. Because of this, at low RPM, when VTEC is not engaged, one of the two intake valves is allowed to open only a very small amount due to the mild cam lobe, forcing most of the intake charge through the other open intake valve with the normal cam lobe. This induces swirl of the intake charge which improves air/fuel atomization in the cylinder and allows for a leaner fuel mixture to be used. As the engine's speed and load increase, both valves are needed to supply a sufficient mixture. When engaging VTEC mode, a pre-defined threshold for MPH (must be moving), RPM and load must be met before the computer actuates a solenoid which directs pressurized oil into a sliding pin, just like with the original VTEC. This sliding pin connects the intake rocker arm followers together so that now, both intake valves are now following the "normal" camshaft lobe instead of just one of them. When in VTEC, since the "normal" cam lobe has the same timing and lift as the intake cam lobes of the SOHC non-VTEC engines, both engines have identical performance in the upper powerband assuming everything else is the same.

With the later VTEC-E implementations, the only difference it has with the earlier VTEC-E is that the second "normal" cam profile has been replaced with a "wild" cam profile which is identical to the original VTEC "wild" cam profile. This in essence supersedes VTEC and the earlier VTEC-E implementations since the fuel and low RPM torque benefits of the earlier VTEC-E are combined with the high performance of the original VTEC

VTEC

Ty a lot for the info.. but so far i cant get any info on google on how to check my engine if it is a d15b jdm hehehe
Old 02-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

How to differentiate a d15b e-vtec vs normal vtec

the block has a stamp on it with the engine code. if it says d15b, its a d15b. the head is what makes the difference and I just spoon fed you the info on how to tell.
y7 transmission
ls meshies, oem wing, blacked out tails with h.i.d head lights

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 02-20-2017 at 07:06 AM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via ICQ to Pengo Send a message via Skype™ to Pengo

And no one does confused about the "quality" of characters on the block? I have never seen such sloppy symbols... D15B.
Was engine stolen? There could be another sign once...

Last edited by Pengo; 02-20-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.