my car dies when i press the clutch in......anyone know why or how to fix it? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 9 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all
Default my car dies when i press the clutch in......anyone know why or how to fix it?

When my car gets warmed up and the idle is steadied out and everything, when i push my clutch in, the rpms drop to about 100, sometimes even low enough to make the car die. when i let the clutck back out, the rpms go out and stable out as well.

when im driving on he interstate or around town, and im coming to a stop and press the clutch in from a roll, it will most always die, but if i just press the clutch in and pull the car out of gear and let go of the clutch and come to a stop with it out, the car has no trouble at all staying running and catching the target idle rpm....

anyone know why its doing this and how to fix it?

is it because with the clutch in, there is alot less load, and when the load is taken away the engine responds by dropping rpms.....?

thanks
94z6ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2007, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 10 SOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagle

whats it tuned on?
Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband
My Build Thread
SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Seems like a similar problem i had when i swapped my fuel pump to walbro.

Thought i needed an FPR, but i just let the car rest few days and suddenly everything was ok.

But my car is stock thoug!
Zoobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky

the load will affect it but there's probably a bigger underlying issue.
my rpm's drop to when the clutch is in and the car is not in nuetral.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 9 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all

anyone know what underlying issue could cause this.....i have a walbro fuel pump, stock fpr, but i hihgly doubt those are the culprats.

clutch is act xtreme pressure plate, performance street disc.....flywheel is stock.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky

it could be a vacuum leak.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 SOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagleSOHC_STUDENT is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_STUDENT View Post
whats it tuned on?
Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband
My Build Thread
SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

tuned on crome pro......
Old 06-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 gearhead98 will become famous soon enoughgearhead98 will become famous soon enoughgearhead98 will become famous soon enough

might wanna check the iac and clean it if dirty, also check for vac leaks as said above
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

wouldnt vac leaks and a bad iac cause a bad idle as well?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 Chiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to all

Does it act like a mechanical drag pulling it down when you push the clutch? What happens if you hold the rpms higher than idle speed and press the clutch?
Chiovnidca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

areskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94z6ex View Post
tuned on crome pro......
did u tuned it yourself?

2Y 10M days without smoking
Join me http://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...18#post1487318
areskzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiovnidca View Post
Does it act like a mechanical drag pulling it down when you push the clutch? What happens if you hold the rpms higher than idle speed and press the clutch?
No, not like a mechanical drag.....its just a very weird and annoying problem thats really really hard to pinpoint anything out with it. When im just sitting still, the car idles perfect right around 700 rpms.......i press the clutch in and it drops from 0-100 in a bogging sort of state......if it doesnt die, it will stay like that for a second then it will rise back to normal idle. If i hold it in, it will stay at normal idle once it reaches it, then when i let it out, the rpms rise to about 900 rpms, stays ther for about a second and drops back down to normal idle.......

if im driving and press and hold the clutch in from a roll, it will most always die. So what i usually do is press the clutch in just long enough to get out of gear and i let it out......doing that makes it run just fine, but when im stopped i have to press the gas before the clutch to ensure it wont die.

its not a real big problem, but its a real big nucence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areskzc View Post
did u tuned it yourself?

no, not tuned myself, but i am watching every step of the tuning process and learning a great deal. The IAC duty cycle is actually set at 0 because anything higher will actually cause a surging idle, but i know thats not the problem because it did this before we adjusted the IAC duty cycle. We are using an ostrich to tune with.......the target cells it is seeing at idle lean out pretty bad when this glitch with the clutch happens. Adjusting the target cells actually made the rpms not drop quiet as much when the clutch was pressed in, but this was only sitting still.....while drving, it still continued to die while i pressed and held the clutch from a roll.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Idling problem after fuel pump swap

This happend to me, maybe you got similar problem. Not sure but if you are interested then you can see what people said and maybe it will help you.

I doubt it! but it never hurt to read.
Zoobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 gearhead98 will become famous soon enoughgearhead98 will become famous soon enoughgearhead98 will become famous soon enough

maybe the clutch isn't disengaging all the way
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
maybe the clutch isn't disengaging all the way
could you explain further how you came to that please? It doesnt make sense to me because if it didnt disengauge all the way, there wouldnt really be a drastic change in load compared to when it was engauged fully........but please, if you would explain the theory more in depth. Im trying to soak in all ideas as i can right now.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification