Honda D Series Forum banner

best way to seal exhaust leak without welding

51K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Clutchmaster 
#1 ·
i've got a few exhaust leaks that i need to repair before i can start driving my car full time. what is the best method without welding? i don't want to have to drop the entire exhaust if i don't have too. any products that anyone would recommend? i was thinking about just buying some exhaust sealant and putting it over all the welds.

any imput appreciated.

#5 ·
transzex said:
exhaust band-aid wrap, then a campbells soup and and two hose clamps.
I tried that it blew right off the pipe and a hole went though the bandaid and the soup :(

#10 ·
transzex said:
exhaust band-aid wrap, then a campbells soup and and two hose clamps.
my dad used to do that on his town car except he used soda cans lol. shit burned out in about a day.

Honda4VW said:
Replacement, hands down
i'd be more tempted to replace it, but its all brand new piping and flanges, but it was my first time welding and didn't quite seal completely. on the catback piping the welds have very minimal leakage, a few pin holes here and there, the major leak is on the downpipe flange off the turbo from what we can tell. it holds strong, but just doesn't seal very well, maybe i'll try jb weld there.

#11 ·
i had a big ass hole in my muffler and there was no way that i was going to be able to weld it as the metal was very thin and old. so i just patched it up with a tube of goop and those patches from local hardware store.
seems to be doing fine. just making sure you take some carb cleaner to get it nice and clean and scuff it with little bit of sand paper if its painted at all.

#18 ·
psh... if you like hookers and guns and lots of scary people.
i'm still scared of going to the big city! i lock my doors when I go down to 12th, J, or Franklin and anything in that area, and I don't look at anybody.

rosevilles upper class yo.
haha :p

#19 ·
car chick who likes guns and does her own welding..........

PS: Did you make it to CRXPO06?

Don't forget Nevada City :)

I'll keep the rest of the info to myself......

"Mista Bone" on sohchonda.com.........

#20 · (Edited)
whoa... do i know you...!?? (well actually i know a decent amount about you.. but I didnt think you knew me.)

except i dont know about the guns part..

I could understand that maybe you got my name and location from myspace. but are you on norcalcrx as well? (i didnt think you had a rex) or how do you know about me thinking about going crxpo06?
now you got me all paranoid :)

#21 ·
"mi coche... mi amor"

I don't check myspace, too many trojans viruses.

Paranoid? Maybe you should be, Google is all mighty. I was doing a background check........Glen from the UK board mentioned you.......

5'5", Virgo, non smoker, only part info you've made public on the internet.

Never a rex, I don't fit well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.