best way to seal exhaust leak without welding - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
cool title

Rep Power: 9 egriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatness
Default best way to seal exhaust leak without welding

i've got a few exhaust leaks that i need to repair before i can start driving my car full time. what is the best method without welding? i don't want to have to drop the entire exhaust if i don't have too. any products that anyone would recommend? i was thinking about just buying some exhaust sealant and putting it over all the welds.

any imput appreciated.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 18 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano

Best method without welding...

Replacement, hands down
Old 09-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 70 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

exhaust band-aid wrap, then a campbells soup and and two hose clamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 50 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex

Just keep in mind....Campbells ....soup is good food :noway:

Not a good exhaust repair

Last edited by modsHXcivi; 09-05-2006 at 04:37 PM.
modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
I tried that it blew right off the pipe and a hole went though the bandaid and the soup

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build
http://www.d-series.org/forums/force...-teh-4doh.html
if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Sorry, this is far from being the best method without welding, try again.

My way is undoubtedly 100% the best method of repairing an exhaust leak without welding. You can't argue that
Old 09-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 11 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness

JB Weld no good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda4VW
My way is undoubtedly 100% the best method of repairing an exhaust leak without welding. You can't argue that
It isn't if you're broke.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky

Arent you turbo now? Forgett the exhaust...lol...Run open downpipe!

boosted D16Z6 :shocked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysoos View Post
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
CrazyConscious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF
It isn't if you're broke.
True....but that was not one of the set conditions, only an assumption.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
cool title

Rep Power: 9 egriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatness

Quote:
my dad used to do that on his town car except he used soda cans lol. shit burned out in about a day.

Quote:
Replacement, hands down
i'd be more tempted to replace it, but its all brand new piping and flanges, but it was my first time welding and didn't quite seal completely. on the catback piping the welds have very minimal leakage, a few pin holes here and there, the major leak is on the downpipe flange off the turbo from what we can tell. it holds strong, but just doesn't seal very well, maybe i'll try jb weld there.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 sxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the communitysxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the communitysxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the communitysxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the community

i had a big ass hole in my muffler and there was no way that i was going to be able to weld it as the metal was very thin and old. so i just patched it up with a tube of goop and those patches from local hardware store.
seems to be doing fine. just making sure you take some carb cleaner to get it nice and clean and scuff it with little bit of sand paper if its painted at all.

WOOT! www.zealautowerks.com Best Compression, Horsepower & Transmission Calc Ever!!!
sxy_rexi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 70 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

sorry you guys can't even do a redneck patch job to keep the exhaust quiet.

Wait, ricers right?

Old school 101

Katie did a nice job, the rest can't?

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Old 09-06-2006, 12:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano
k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano

Quote:
True....but that was not one of the set conditions, only an assumption.
so philosophical, my nips are gettin hard

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
k1dfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 sxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the communitysxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the communitysxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the communitysxy_rexi  is accepted as part of the community

whoa.. you know my name!

WOOT! www.zealautowerks.com Best Compression, Horsepower & Transmission Calc Ever!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

k1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcanok1dfreeze is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxy_rexi
whoa.. you know my name!
eh?

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
Old 09-06-2006, 12:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

sorry that was a reply to transzex

"Katie did a nice job, the rest can't?"

i was surprised he knew my name.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxy_rexi
sorry that was a reply to transzex

"Katie did a nice job, the rest can't?"

i was surprised he knew my name.
oh ok...i figured...btw: sac > roseville =P j/k

*Mia*
2000 Honda EJ8 D16Y8
EJ8 Squad #269
Old 09-06-2006, 12:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

psh... if you like hookers and guns and lots of scary people.
i'm still scared of going to the big city! i lock my doors when I go down to 12th, J, or Franklin and anything in that area, and I don't look at anybody.

rosevilles upper class yo.
haha

Old 09-06-2006, 01:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

car chick who likes guns and does her own welding..........

PS: Did you make it to CRXPO06?

Don't forget Nevada City

I'll keep the rest of the info to myself......

"Mista Bone" on sohchonda.com.........

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

whoa... do i know you...!?? (well actually i know a decent amount about you.. but I didnt think you knew me.)

except i dont know about the guns part..

I could understand that maybe you got my name and location from myspace. but are you on norcalcrx as well? (i didnt think you had a rex) or how do you know about me thinking about going crxpo06?
now you got me all paranoid

Last edited by sxy_rexi; 09-06-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification