jdm d15b problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default jdm d15b problem

just swapped a jdmd15b in my 1995 civic dx...got the rywire harness and everything hooked up.....no c.e.l.s on but when i start the car for the first time when its been sittin for a few hours it idels high around 2500-3000 it calms down quick but the bouce idles for a min or so....what would cause this?? and how do i fix it i checked for vaccum leaks nothing....when i first put the motor in it was fine this just started....what do i do?
sammydigital is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 devilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the community

once it warms up does it idle at 6-700? Are you sure if it is timed right and the idle is also set correct? check the throttle cable.. make sure the throttle plate is closing all the way/ not binding up a lil sumwhere.
devilsnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 devilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the community

*#$@ !!!!! my computer sucks. im sorry

Last edited by devilsnight; 08-06-2006 at 11:54 PM.
devilsnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 15 NeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcano
NeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcano

is there a fast idle thermo valve on the D15B? it's a valve on the under side of the throttle body. if there is one take it off via the 3 bolts, loosen the 2 screws holding on a plate and there should be a plastic part with a brass looking nipple in the middle tighten the plastic part back down as tight as possible. and put it back together and you should be good. but if this is the case it uasually can be identified by the idle bouncing up and down violently before calming down...
NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

EG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the sky

play with the tps sensor on the back of the throttle body

MY YOUTUBE

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
EG6-Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

NeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcano

hmm...normally you can't unscrew the TPS but if you manage to be sure to have a multi-meter to get it back to specs.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

EG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead
hmm...normally you can't unscrew the TPS but if you manage to be sure to have a multi-meter to get it back to specs.
the "rivets" holding the tps on, are only supposed to "fool" u, u can cut a groove in them and unscrew them with a flathead screwdriver...i did it =)

MY YOUTUBE

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
Old 08-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

yep, that's the "normally" part I welded on some 10mm bolts easier to work with the TB on the IM.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead
yep, that's the "normally" part I welded on some 10mm bolts easier to work with the TB on the IM.
good idea

MY YOUTUBE

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification