OBD2 engine into OBD0 car...? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2006, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 O 16581 72452 5 is learning the way of the DO 16581 72452 5 is learning the way of the D
Default OBD2 engine into OBD0 car...?

I know an OBD1 engine can be swapped no problem to OBD0, everything plugs in, just need to change the Distributer, but can an OBD2 be put in the same way and ran on OBD0?

I hate when people list spark plugs as a "mod".
O 16581 72452 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 O 16581 72452 5 is learning the way of the DO 16581 72452 5 is learning the way of the D

Bump...

I hate when people list spark plugs as a "mod".
O 16581 72452 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

yeah i need to know this also please help
dx crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 11 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness

You do more than just re-use your dizzy when you swap an OBD-1 engine into an OBD-0 car. Re-use injectors, harness, alternator, starter, etc. Same goes for OBD-2 engines in OBD-0 cars. Just re-use anything and everything you can.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O 16581 72452 5
I know an OBD1 engine can be swapped no problem to OBD0, everything plugs in, just need to change the Distributer, but can an OBD2 be put in the same way and ran on OBD0?

Why not just convert to OBD1? Ive had a Y8 in a CRX on OBD0 and was never happy w/the way it performed. It runs much better on OBD1 even with a virgin P28,(which youll want to rechip so you dont have to buy premium all the time, IMO the stock P28 runs a little lean past 4 grand on a Y.
grey89si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
4thg4d

i'm in the same situation. i'm in the middle of putting a obd2b d16y7 into an obd0 90 civic sedan. what i've found so far is that i can convert to mpfi, get a obd0 to obd1 ecu jumper, use a p06 ecu, use an obd2 dis thats on the y7 (with converted plugs of course), convert alternator wiring to obd1, use my cable tranny from my d15b2 which bolts right up to the y7 and i should be set. if anyone disagrees with the compatibility of this setup i would like to hear about it

Last edited by 4thg4d; 10-07-2006 at 10:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si
Why not just convert to OBD1? Ive had a Y8 in a CRX on OBD0 and was never happy w/the way it performed. It runs much better on OBD1 even with a virgin P28,(which youll want to rechip so you dont have to buy premium all the time, IMO the stock P28 runs a little lean past 4 grand on a Y.
yeah me to i have a y8 in a 90 dx it acually performs pretty well but, what do i have to get to run obd1. i heard i just need an obd1 dizzy,4 wire o2 sensor,ecu and the conversion harness. does know of a reasonable place to get these items
Old 10-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i was gonan say.. numbers guy chose to leave here wtf is he doing back... make your own thread, youll get more responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TING View Post
jimmy runs this bitch
jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification