Wiper blades won't reset - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 Projctr is learning the way of the DProjctr is learning the way of the D
Question Wiper blades won't reset

My Wiper blades recently have started to stop half way down the winshield and will not reset when the motor is turned off (wiper motor). I was told to take off the cap on the arm and pull the arm off the groove and reposition it but after doing this the arms will go all the way down but only go about 3/4 the way up the window and leave a large untouched area. Does anyone know how to properly adjust the arms so they work correctly? The hanes manual says nothing about adjusting the arms just replacing them.
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projctr View Post
My Wiper blades recently have started to stop half way down the winshield and will not reset when the motor is turned off (wiper motor). I was told to take off the cap on the arm and pull the arm off the groove and reposition it but after doing this the arms will go all the way down but only go about 3/4 the way up the window and leave a large untouched area. Does anyone know how to properly adjust the arms so they work correctly? The hanes manual says nothing about adjusting the arms just replacing them.
So you're just not getting the right amount of travel anymore? They either only go half way down, or halfway up depending how you position the arms? If this is what you're saying, then it sounds like something is worn out. Pull the plastic cover off where the wiper linkages are, and see if anything looks worn out, like the ball and socket joints or the wiper motor mounts.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

EG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the sky

Sounds like you need a wiper motor. The brushes are worn out

MY YOUTUBE

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
EG6-Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 slammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebody

ive never heard of this lol...lucky you
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
typical female, ANY mention of sex and suddenly a headache comes on. never fails to amaze me lol.
XBOXLIVE slammed91sedan
slammed91sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG6-Jarhead View Post
Sounds like you need a wiper motor. The brushes are worn out
Or this! I didn't think of that.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 5 l337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatnessl337h4l is approaching greatness

1 Wiper mod Fast and furious...

PS I think I have a EG wiper motor if interested
l337h4l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 15 NeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcano
NeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcanoNeonPinHead is hot as a volcano

I'd check the selector switch first. my girls' EJ1 does this unless you hold the arm up then it returns.... need to fix it one of these days lol
NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sounds like you lost the "park" circuit of you wiper motor. It is the circuit that tells the wiper motor where to turn off. I have seen it happen in a few other cars.
j182j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 Projctr is learning the way of the DProjctr is learning the way of the D

yea I think I just need a new motor. PM me with what u want for it shipped to 21539 thanx
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification