How can i tell if my ac compressor is bad? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How can i tell if my ac compressor is bad?

any ideas? tryna get my ac running for this summer
JDMaznKID is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 33 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

well to see if its frozen put the belt on and see if it will turn without stalling/pulling down the motor.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

well, im not really sure what that means but so far what i've done is, i turned the ac on in the car and the fans spin and the belts are turning. i tried to do a recharge to it before but no pressure from the low side. don't really know what can be wrong with it
Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 33 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

no pressure? you check for leaks?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

i havent looked into that yet but i kind of doubt it because [correct me if im wrong], if there was a leak, i would be able to charge the system and the ac should run cold for a couple days, weeks, or even months. but i recharged and absolutely nothing. no pressure, no cold air =l
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

no pressure means theres a leak somewhere, you should smell it and hear it coming out.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

ok . i'll be able to hear it with the engine off right?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

yes and smell it forsure
Old 06-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

ok will check that out today. thanks, is it possible for the belts to be turning but the clutch not engaging?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 16 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!

the clutch wont engage until there is enough pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

ohhh ok . so more than likely, my system has a leak somewhere
Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 jollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow up

ok what if you notice surge on your idle everytime the clutch engages? thats a bad compressor right? and no leaks for me either, except when i over fill it, the compressor overflow valve thingy comes on. lol

i dont know shit about a/c btw. oh and when i drive it i feel the clutch engaging...its like it slows me down while it engages then my car shoots itsself forward a bit after it turns off.

sry for thread jack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
I'd fuck that like she was the economy and I was obama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Grab her by the throat and fuck that bitch silly. If she tries to fight just whisper in her ear "don't turn this rape into a murder"
jollyroger494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

lol no probbb . so u can actually feel the clutch engaging? cuss if so then i guess i found my problem. no pressure=leak=no clutch engagement=sweaty balls for the next 3 months lol
Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 jollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMaznKID View Post
lol no probbb . so u can actually feel the clutch engaging? cuss if so then i guess i found my problem. no pressure=leak=no clutch engagement=sweaty balls for the next 3 months lol
lol i used to not "notice" the clutch engaging until i overfilled it. but whenever i was at idle and turned on my a/c i would notice my idle go up from stock 570 to about 700 to 800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
I'd fuck that like she was the economy and I was obama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Grab her by the throat and fuck that bitch silly. If she tries to fight just whisper in her ear "don't turn this rape into a murder"
jollyroger494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger494 View Post
lol i used to not "notice" the clutch engaging until i overfilled it. but whenever i was at idle and turned on my a/c i would notice my idle go up from stock 570 to about 700 to 800.
hmmmm . well, when i turn my ac on i dont notice any weird idle changes . so im gonna really guess that my problem is the leak. well i hope so, i really need the ac to run. question to everybody .. theres a red wire in the very front of the compressor . where is that supposed to connect to and what does it do?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 10 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

stop wasting your time putting more freon,the more u put in will damage the compressor.

go buy yourself a a/c gauge then come back on here and tell us what's the pressure number.

Last edited by immajackuup; 06-22-2010 at 05:27 AM.
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

i did use the a/c gauge already. the gauge reads 0
Old 06-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

Quote:
i did use the a/c gauge already. the gauge reads 0
high side and low side?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

yess both sides read 0
Old 06-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
yess both sides read 0
i think u're doing something wrong.

check this web out
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1665946
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification