Water on pass. floor when it rains - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 8 hotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatness
Default Water on pass. floor when it rains

I have a 94 del Sol. When it rains good, i get a puddle on the floor boards under the dash on the pass. side. I can see where the water drips from under the dash, about 3-4 inches to the left of the ecu. BUt cant find where it is coming into the car. Anyone have this before on a Sol or Eg?
Its def not coolant, like from the heater core. It only happens when i rains.

PM for ECU Chipping/Socketing and Repair, Cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 5 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes

MY old DA did the same thing. The windshield wiper cowl has a bunch of plastic button thingees helping hold it down. Underneath those, there are some rubber grommet boot things that just get brittle over the years. I think a full set was about $15 from Acura. I replaced all those nad the leak was gone. Not sure if the Del Sol is the same or not, but I'd at least look into that.
Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 8 hotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatnesshotrodj is approaching greatness

Yes they do man lol I had 1 missing and replaced it. Majestic Honda has them. Hmmm, guess im replaceing them all with black RTV tomorrow lol
Rep sent

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 5 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes

I went that route first and still got a tiny leak. Could have been a poor job or could have not seen some holes and jsut missed, I don't know. Honestly, I'd jsut recommend spending the money on the new grommets.
Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Any one got a link for those grommets I have the same problem and its driving me crazy.
Ralphyeg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 26 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

it could also be the rubber harness protector(idk the real name) between the door and chassis.......if its popped off from chassis side you will def get a leak

MY FOR SALE THREAD
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

good deal. i have this problem too, it was worse in my accord that i had previously.
swetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series Mod

Rep Power: 50 patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!
patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!

Of course the red neck fix (or ghetto fix) is to have no carpet in the firstplace then just drill a hole in the floor to let it run straight through.

Seriously, buy the grommets, They don't need to be Honda OEM. They just need to be the correct size to fill the hole with a good fit so they seal.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread
http://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-...storation.html

my intro
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...y-project.html
patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat

What grommets are these? I have this same issue. Water runs down the backside of my firewall and soaks my passenger side floor board.
94hatchSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series Mod

Rep Power: 50 patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!
patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!patprimmer is the fucking MAN!!!!

Read the thread

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

my CRX thread

my intro
Old 05-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer View Post
Read the thread
Great response... I guess I should have been a little more clear. Does anyone know the part number for these?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
The House that Trevor Built.

Rep Power: 50 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

every time it happens to cars i own its the actual windshield not the grommets.

just sharing what ive experienced.

Playin Sega and Slammin Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
every time it happens to cars i own its the actual windshield not the grommets.

just sharing what ive experienced.
You mean the seal on the windshield? How'd you fix it? Have the windshield pulled and re-set?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
The House that Trevor Built.

Rep Power: 50 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

yep

Playin Sega and Slammin Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

well I think I have those taken care of. Just waitin for some rain now to find out lol
Anyone do del Sol top seals before? I replaced them, was easy, but now its leaking in a diff place on the top.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series Mod

Maybe you have a blocked drain hole.

my CRX thread

my intro
Old 05-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer View Post
Maybe you have a blocked drain hole.
They are all clear man. I replaced all the top seals, but the leak used to be on the drivers side. Now is on the pass side, coming from the side of the top dripping onto the pass seat. I know and see exactly where its coming from. Just need to find out how to stop it. The seals are all seated properly and no gaps where the window touches the seals.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphyeg6 View Post
Any one got a link for those grommets I have the same problem and its driving me crazy.
Go to MajesticHonda.com

Quote:
Old 05-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 PianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like Borat

Have you figured out whether the problem's been fixed? I've got the exact same problem on my Sol, LOL. Rep for OP and MFF for bringing this up!
Eibach Pro-System Plus (Springs, Dampers, and Anti-Roll Kit)

Buying, when I gets $$$ and time to put in: 8psi pulley from ASP Racing.
PianoMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

No leaks with todays rain storm. Yesterday was a bad storm, still had water ont he pass side floor. Gotta seal the cowl thingys better. And drivers seat was wet.
Was a good heavy downpour today, not a drop inside. Going to spray a lil silicone spray on the new seals. Seemed to help a bit with the old seals. Heard its good to take the top off and leave it off while spraying/greasing the seals. Supposed to try to give them as long as possible to absorb the silicone.
I wipe off the areas of the seals that touch the window good before putting them up after also. Helps keep it off the glass for easier cleanup.
Gonna try tightening the latches next. Ive been trying to find out how on the web (google).

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification