How much seafoam should i use in me gas tank? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 Omega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropes
Default Should i use seafoam in me gas tank?

I have a little bit above a half of gas in the tank?

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Omega Blaze; 02-25-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Omega Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 36 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

read the can lol
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepy...11505538884521
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 Omega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropesOmega Blaze is starting to learn the ropes

sorry bout tha sleeping lol..

i worded my topic wrong..

It should now be "Should i use seafoam in my gas tank?"

i'm reading alot of old post and people dont like it too much...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 26 Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....
Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....

works pretty good on older cars with high miles. Just will probably need to change your spark plugs afterwards.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

run it on only seafoam, works best.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
run it on only seafoam, works best.
I hope you're kidding about this...
94hatchSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tastefully Modified

Rep Power: 24 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Go get some GM top engine cleaner. we use it on our toyota's at the shop here. works great. P/N#88861802. but you dont use it in the tank, you use it through the intake with a small vacuum hose. use about half the bottle

RIP Pat Primmer
You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 27 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Why are using sea foam?

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....

X2
shouldnt need the foam unless you car is running like poopoo. and like beer drinkin said if you DO use it just pull your brake boost line off and suck it up through there.
and yes plug change imo thats what i would do after the foam
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 75 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

No Seafoam will ever be used in any car I own unless I'm doing a cash for clunkers turn in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

lol..only asking guys.

i just thought since i got the new engine

and i just changed the oil.. i would use lucas and seafoam..

but i see seafoam isn't the answer
Old 02-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 gsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Boratgsxtuner smells like Borat

half the can in the gas & half in the oil right before an oil change seemed to help my 92 4door a bit ... but highly recommend during oil change asap after running it through the oil...
Old 02-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 28 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

lucas top end lube and cleaner. one bottle for a whole tank of gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGEN View Post
fuck obama.

thats my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 26 Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....
Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
No Seafoam will ever be used in any car I own unless I'm doing a cash for clunkers turn in.
LOL, bad experience?

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 75 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black91CRXsi View Post
LOL, bad experience?
No, I just take care of the motor so it is not needed.

I've seen/read about 4-5 hydrolocked motors and 2-3 others where carbon was loosen.....and ended up on the exhaust valve seat requiring the head to be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....

how many miles are on your hoopty? if youre seals are kinda old and you have lots of miles it'll just make your seals worse. i put a quarter up my brake booster, 1/8 in my oil, and 1/8 in my gas on a full tank. do that then let it idle till opperating temp and then go drive it hard. mine smoked A FUCKING LLLOOOOOOOOT! ppl were honking at me yelling "YOUR CARS ON FIRE!" then go home and do an oil change.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Its a like new motor from H motors!

motor has at least 20k on it!WO0t!

New seals..new head gaskets..errrrrrrthing damn near new!

i'm just tryin to take precautions.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!

mantain it regularly with decent oil, and wind it out every once in a while is what I would suggest.

IMO, seafoam type cleaners = snake oil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Thanks Tron!

But wind it out?

never heard of it lol
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

^^Aiight!

Thanks..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification