Manual crank windows hard to roll up. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 8 SOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatness
Default Manual crank windows hard to roll up.

I tried greasing the whole regulator assembly and sprayed wd40 into the guides that are in the door but it still is extremely hard to roll up and down. Any suggestions?
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 10 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCitTOem View Post
I tried greasing the whole regulator assembly and sprayed wd40 into the guides that are in the door but it still is extremely hard to roll up and down. Any suggestions?
lol im having the same problem but if i roll it down while is really hard it will pop out of track.
Best lubrication for window seal?
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick It's a JDM Star Bitches....bumpstick It's a JDM Star Bitches....

ugh. i hate 96-00 window regulators. try replacing with OEM new or OEM from junkyard, cuz they will only get worse
Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 21 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpstick View Post
ugh. i hate 96-00 window regulators. try replacing with OEM new or OEM from junkyard, cuz they will only get worse
Yup! Also, be sure your window is on the track in the first place. My driver's side goes up and down real easy until it comes off the track. My front track appears to have been bent at some point. No much, but enough to be a pain in the ass.

Last edited by Aragorn; 01-28-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 6 uptownsamcv is starting to learn the ropesuptownsamcv is starting to learn the ropesuptownsamcv is starting to learn the ropesuptownsamcv is starting to learn the ropesuptownsamcv is starting to learn the ropesuptownsamcv is starting to learn the ropesuptownsamcv is starting to learn the ropes

i had the same problem. what i did was when i set the glue i wouldnt fully close the window untill it seated into the seal. use a silicone lubricant spray.
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!

hit the gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade Johnson View Post
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard's blood View Post
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 8 SOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatness

^ lol. Yeah the knob is broken too so it is a PITFA to roll down my window.

There's no way to fix this without spending money? I'm not to sure whats causing this to happen. I mean with the regulator out, it moves smooth but put it back in and it just doesnt cooperate. If the guides were the problem how would I replace those? I know there are. 10mm bolt at the bottom but how about the top part?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Not a ricer

amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....amperu Still a JDM Star....

Ive got the same problem, I thought it was because my ride was previously in an accident. My locks barely work as well. I was gonna try a power window system from AutoLoc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
Amperu is fucking winning. Hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moss500berg View Post
Is there anything you aren't badass at? Lol
RIP - patprimmer
amperu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

from wrestling with mine tonight, I found the culprit to be the front track, top bolt(which is behind the trim panel where the side view mirror bolts to) wasnt tightened down, which led to the rubber squeezing on the front of the window.
jgw1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Take the whole assembly out, grease the assembly good and make sure it moves smoothly (mine had dirt build up that kept the slider from moving). Then put it back, mount the window, and roll it all the way up (but make sure adjustment screws are loose), then tighten everything down.

The guides and weather stripping can also be old/bent out of shape, and may need replacing.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification