Del sol power window won't work. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....
Default Del sol power window won't work.

I'm working on my sisters '95 Del. The pass window was stuck down a few inches and wouldn't work, so she asked me to fix it.

I took the door panel off and put power to the motor leads and the window would go up and down, so I put it up all the way and left it up.

All the other windows work, except for the pass side.
It won't work from either switch.
I took driver and passenger switches from my Del and put them into her Del and the pass window still won't work.
So I think that rules out the switches.

But I can put power to the window motor with a lead from the battery and make it go up and down.

Other then a wire or connection being bad............
Can anyone think of a reason the window won't work?
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

check if the window is off track???
igotcrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....jeremy85 is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotcrx View Post
check if the window is off track???
The window operates fine if I run power to it with a positive and negative lead from the battery.
So, it's not off track.
Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 8 Drumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like Borat

i know on my accord i had a problem to where if i gave it more volage then it would work nicely but with just from the switch it would barely go up. the rubber moulding that is sitting inside of the window track get folded up and creates resistance. check tat maybe?
Drumritter258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumritter258 View Post
i know on my accord i had a problem to where if i gave it more volage then it would work nicely but with just from the switch it would barely go up. the rubber moulding that is sitting inside of the window track get folded up and creates resistance. check tat maybe?
That's not it either.
Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 38 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Well then, it's the Regulator that's going bad (the Window's motor to make it go up n down). You're giving it direct power from the Battery and it works fine so that's what I'm thinking.
Or the Switch is messing up.
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
Well then, it's the Regulator that's going bad (the Window's motor to make it go up n down). You're giving it direct power from the Battery and it works fine so that's what I'm thinking.
Or the Switch is messing up.
yeah, I think I'm going to swap motors to see if that fixes it.
Nitrous Express Wet Kit

Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 38 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy85 View Post
yeah, I think I'm going to swap motors to see if that fixes it.
Cool. Do it and report back.

I can never find any at Junk Yards! Mine Slow Drag also.
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification