D15B VTEC ECU# and wiring diagrams - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Default D15B VTEC ECU# and wiring diagrams

Hi everyone...

I'm building a classic mini (1979) that will run a D15B Vtec JDM engine.

So i will purchase a complete engine + Harness+ ECU+ shifter...

I'm starting from nothing to refer to and i'm planning on purchasing soon the engine from a local guy in Montreal.

I need OBD1, Not OBD2 so should be an 1992-1995 engine

1- What ECU should come with it
2- Is it possible to get the wiring diagram anywhere for this engine as i will need to merge it with a mini / Hotrod wiring kit from www.ezwiring.com

Is there any considerations to take when purchasing this engine.

Let me know, any help is appreciated.

Regards

P.S.: Here is what i'm buiding:http://www.superfastminis.com
I bought the MTD Kit.
freebies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 36 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

runing obd1 youll want a p28 ecu from a 92-95 civic ex

and your wanting the pin pouts for the ecu??
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepy...11505538884521
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Thank you for the help.

I'm new at this so it is possible that i come around asking more question when i'll have the engine in my garage.

Regards
freebies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky

i thought the jdm d15b vtec uses a p08 head? im not sure if the p08 and p28s are different, just a thought.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 19 Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!

The heads are identical, although theres the whole D15B>D16Z6 cam shit, which I dont know enough (or care) to get into. Anyhow, every Z6 Ive looked at to date has a P08 casting code on it.

The ecu that came with the JDM D15B Vtec's was a P08. A P28 will run it just fine, but without a tune itll run very rich.

If you can get a P08 with your swap, do it. They are hard to find though, and you will likely wind up running a P28.

Owner, Quick & Dirty Racing LLC

Rally Car
http://d-series.org/forums/showcase/...ml#post1713530

Race Car
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...oad-racer.html
Atmosfear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 03:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky

ah, well i never owned a z6 lol so i wasnt sure on the casting code

jdm p08s are not too hard to find, but i dont think they are chippable... i got one with my d16a vtec swap
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification