Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

$2 cost my customer $2,000

6K views 60 replies 30 participants last post by  modsHXcivi 
#1 · (Edited)
99 Si with jdm b18c $4,500

Customer was told to fill up tank before coming to tune. Common sence says premium gas

$2 difference in a tank of fuel cost him $2k block

Always fill up with 93 octain, You cheap out you'll pay more in the end.

This is what happens when you don't do shit right

See less See more
#2 ·
:sadface:

poor idiot.

#5 ·
wow, smack him in the face for me. 87 octane...WTF, i didnt even run that ina stock z6..lol

#19 ·
yeah, really you couldn't hear or where paying attention for detonation?

and this seems like something you would ask the customer to make sure of before you tune there car. and what's this basemap you used that you immediately took up to 12psi. plus if your tuning the car why the fuck are you letting the customer do what he wants? no det can?

I think it's partially your fault.

#20 ·
So first run u cranked it up to 12 psi? :noway: Shouldnt you have ran it at six pounds first to see how lean or rich it was first? And then crank it lil by lil?:confused: Sounds to me like you should have done the fuel pump first then tune... Well u guys sound like you know wut your doing so ill belive!:alky:

#22 ·
So ur saying pounds of boost has nothing to do with detonaition?:confused: wouldnt more pressure in the combustion chamber make for more detonation?
So if a customer walks in and says "I want you to tune my 200 shot direct port 20 pound boosted stock d15b7..." you would say sure! and then tune? would you say "you know your shit is gonna blow the f*** up?" before you tune it? to warn them?

#30 ·
wouldnt it have to have leaned out quite a bit to crack a sleeve? with detonation, im sure the motor wasnt running rich...

i dont know, ive never cracked a sleeve in my life, tuned my friends del sol on 16 psi with 150 dry shot of nitrous with a CHIP BURNER... i dont have a rtp yet or crome pro or anything cool like that... car has been running on the turbo for a long time.. 2 years... first 4 months was 8 psi then 10 psi for another 2 months then 12 psi for another 4 months then 14psi for another 6 months then the saab turbo started leaking through the seals, then we put on a bigger turbo.. double the size of the saab and ran 14psi for 8 months, then its now at 16psi on dsm 450's running uberdata... STILL without a rtp or wideband...

and he hit his nitrous shot at the track without a fucking jet and it still didnt blow up... and everyone tells me im gonna blow shit up but it still hasnt blown up... AND WE HAVE NEVER PUT ANYTHING OVER 91 OCTANE IN HIS CAR.....

but i didnt jump from 0 psi straight to 12 psi either when beggining to tune his car, i started off on wastegate pressure witch was 4-5 then turned it up 2 psi at a time until i was happy.. he made me up the boost, and continues to make me up the boost.. but shit its lasted 2 fucking years without EVER hitting the dyno or EVER having a wideband reading... and i know its fast as fuck and WONT blow up so im happy :)

LEARN HOW TO TUNE ITS THAT SIMPLE.. i dont have the fancy real time programmer or a wideband or anything like that.. i just take my time...

#31 ·
What's with all the edited posts dude?

#34 ·
#32 ·
I always ask my customers a couple questions before we start...

1. Premium fuel?
2. Spark plugs / gap?

And a ton others about the setup. But those two are the most critical. I've made 1/2 a pull on a car with 87 and it started to detonate *immediately* in boost. Drained tank, filled with 93 before proceeding.

It's a sucky mistake for sure, but sounds like it could have been avoided if you had been a bit more cautious.

Reactions: mindless
#33 ·
This all happened on the first pull, there wasn't much that could be done.
Like i said the OWNER was driving the car.

I ALWAYS start by doing city driving first to get the out of boost tune in, then take it to our test strip for heavy throttle tuning. That would have showed it was only 87 well before boost.

It seems every one here just wants to flame, Don't really care what there flaming about. It just really shows how much of a immature asshat you really are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.