D15Y7 to y8 and turbo? suggestions and concerns - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
zyx
D-series lover

Default D15Y7 to y8 and turbo? suggestions and concerns

I ordered a greddy turbo kit and im wondering i have a y8 head sitting around, it needs to be built...?

how do i build that head, can i just put it together or does everything has to be done a certain way with the torque specs etc?

another question is do i need a vtec solenoid doing this?

is it good to turbo a mini me swap, i heard its better b/c of the compression some people are telling me. I wanted to ask you guys since you probably know more!

oh yeah and another thing my turbo is second hand doesnt come with gaskets and fuel injectors what can i do about that?

thanks in advance!
zyx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 11 Rease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyx View Post
I ordered a greddy turbo kit and im wondering i have a y8 head sitting around, it needs to be built...?

oh yeah and another thing my turbo is second hand doesnt come with gaskets and fuel injectors what can i do about that?

thanks in advance!
u can order gaskets and buy injectors from people on here or ebay and u have to get a resistor box...u can also buy a rebuild kit for your turbo
Old 06-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
zyx
D-series lover

oh i didnt know you could do that, sweet!

how do i tap into my oil pan?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 Rease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow up

get a drill bit and get a fitting...u can get a kit from sleathmode thats where i got mine from...
Old 06-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
zyx
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rease3 View Post
get a drill bit and get a fitting...u can get a kit from sleathmode thats where i got mine from...
hmm im not sure what sleathmode is... i looked it up on google nothing really came up.

whats this resistor box your talking about?

where did you get your blue top fuel injectors, i heard 1990 eagle talon fuel injectors fit the d15 motor, is that true? and is it worth getting them there rated to 450cc
Old 06-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyx View Post
hmm im not sure what sleathmode is... i looked it up on google nothing really came up.

whats this resistor box your talking about?

where did you get your blue top fuel injectors, i heard 1990 eagle talon fuel injectors fit the d15 motor, is that true? and is it worth getting them there rated to 450cc

www.stealthmodeperformance.com/ for the oil kit. yeah they should fit...u get resistors boxes from older civics or accordshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/resis...spagenameZWDVW..I have a d15b7 and shit..blue tops http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Rease3; 06-19-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Rease3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 BoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enough

well you can get the blue tops from the 90-94 talons and eclipse's. or the black tops from the newer ones. but it has to be from the turbo'd model. the non turbo model are 380's rhey look like this. i have the greddy kit except i have a different charge pipe, FMIC, BOV and no e-manage. i have a chipped ECU with Crome Pro
My myspace page. Last name is phillips
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=30097210
My car is slow... Just nowhere near as slow as yours....

Last edited by BoostedEG; 06-19-2007 at 12:19 AM.
BoostedEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

if ur going to do a mini me get a head gasket and arp head studs..and torque them down to specs...if u gonna do it do it correct..
Old 06-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
zyx
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedEG View Post
well you can get the blue tops from the 90-94 talons and eclipse's. or the black tops from the newer ones. but it has to be from the turbo'd model. the non turbo model are 380's rhey look like this. i have the greddy kit except i have a different charge pipe, FMIC, BOV and no e-manage. i have a chipped ECU with Crome Pro
thanks for the info rease3 im ordering that stuff now

how come you dont have e-manage on there?

and you have a fuel rail, should iget one too?

all im getting is this kit but without the fuel injectors/oil kit/gaskets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification