Turbo d15b7??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 35 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Default Turbo d15b7???

hey whats up? i'm new to d-series but not new to hondas. i was wondering if anyone had turbo charged a stock d15b7 and got any real power out of it. i've been thinking about running a mitsubishi turbo of my friends car. any ideas in this build would be highly appreciated. also my car has 98000 miles on it. is that too many miles to boost. car's been babied. thanks!
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 necro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Boratnecro smells like Borat

Imo that's not to much mileage, theirs guys who has more mileage than that who boost. Just do a compression test an see how the #'s look.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 35 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

cool. also is it possible if you keep the boost low to go without a fuel management. maybe just fpr & fuel pump?
does anybody know if i can use the injectors off the eclipse gs-t?
thanks in advance
Old 09-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

nah man u need fuel managment, unless of course ur looking for an excuse for upgrading to a z6 or sumtin...uber man...its the shit

91 SI hatch - d15bvtec powa. RIP-d16a6 (will rebuild soon) now
AEM CAI
skunk coil overs
dc sports header
DA6 2.5 exhaust
ef9 driver seat

gimme some reps guys

some DSMs are poopi
d15bwannab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all

on my uncles turbo 93 dx with d15b7 he was running hf mani/t25/stock injectors/fpr@65-68psi somewhere in that range with an eclipse fuel pump and it ran fine on 8psi for 11months just retard the base timing 2-3 degrees, on that setup with a starion fmic he ran a 14.3@96. it had no fuel management i was so surprised it lasted that long i kept telling him to get something for tuning but he never did and it wound up blowing when we turned the boost up 11psi.
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat4drmadness smells like Borat

welcome to D-series....that's not to many miles at all man. Fuel management isn't that expensive if you look around so go for it.. better be safe then sorry.

Good luck w/ it..
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
just helping..
4drmadness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deal with it...

Rep Power: 35 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

<--- 235,000 on a D15B7 with 10psi of Jackson power. Drove it to 265k before pulling the engine out
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9832/hatchburn.jpg
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2005, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular

my engine is a d15b7 also, coincedentaly i boosted my engine around the same mileage mark of 98000 with a t3.t4 & it works very well

the problems tho that i had were piston ring leakage from the boost and holding compresion- the problem blew out my main seal by the flywheel cover.
but with a good tune it shouldent be a prob.
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2005, 08:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 JBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropes

how much boost can the b7 rods take?
JBO237 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
I can't read...

does anyone have hp gains for a turbo d15b7? i know it has 102hp to the crank and about 96hp to the wheels.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular

from what i hear i wouldent go over 10lb's of boost but i found that 5 to 6 lb's on stock internals are sufficient enough on t3.t4oe for *effortless* merging onto the freeway

boost isnt hp anyone can contest to that -its basicly in my opinon- depend on your slug size, c/r, valve sizes and clearences, cams, ect. other stuff in other sizes and shapes ect., ect.,that can make things work easeir for your beater to churn out horsepower for you.

fyi- in january im going to have a dyno, so i'll be sure 2 post it in 3mo. but i feel its around the 200 mark
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 JBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropesJBO237 is starting to learn the ropes

so 7.4 lbs should be fine on the lil b7 rods
Old 09-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano

^^ its not really the amount of boost, and if it was we would need turbo specs because 5 psi to one turbo is alot less to a larger turbo @ 5 psi...

i say don't go more than 200whp w/ a good tune on stock b7 rods.

do you have a mini-me swap?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

its a garrett t3 .42/.48 internally gated at 7.4
Old 06-19-2010, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

My z6 had 200000 mile on it and was boosted at 10 pounds.
It still is till now it's beed three almost four years. I say swap it to a z6 and do ten pounds you'll be happy with it. Buy if u want to boost the b7 8-10 pounds should b fine with good tunning.
Nengchang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 DemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to all

Back from 5 years of dead. What?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification